Hello from Austin! ('66 Dart)

-

KevinB

Reaction score
So I realized I have made a few posts and hadn't intro'd myself yet.

Just got a '66 Dart GT from a family member for $100. Car has a Slant 6 and auto tranny. I'm excited to finally have a project car after all these years. My first car was a '71 Mustang and I was in college so had no money to spend on it.

The goal with the Dart is to work on it with my son and eventually (maybe) give it to him when the time is right. That being said here's the plans for the car:

Step 1. Get it drivable. I do want to drive it as is for a little while while I collect al the resources I'll need for the long term plan

Step 2. Engine swap to a 318, with a few HP adds

Step 3. Swap the rear end for an Explorer 8.8 with disks and get a disk kit for the front.

Step 4. Spend a lot of money on pairs of rear tires.

I'm gonna try to attach a couple of pics....the first one being the car when I had it rescued from the property where it was wasting away. Second pic is when the car made a detour to see my wife's Grandfather before it came to its new home. He owns the car, and had given it to his son to take care of. That didn't work out obviously. Anyway I'm happy to be a part of this community and hope I can contribute in some way!

Thanks!

Kevin (Peyote)

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 164
  • 20150222_163354.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 140
Welcome to FABO!!!

Love the car and love the story. Your wife's grandfather looks happy to see it going to a good home.

You've got a great plan in place, especially the one to drive it while you're working on it. :cheers:

Welcome, Your 66 looks like a great place to start. Stop on in to the 66 Dart thread. The link is just below. toolmanmike

I'm flying home tomorrow...expect more photos!

Ok folks swapped the 13's for some 14" magnum 500 vintage wheels, and new tires. She's now a roller. I'll be able to get it into the garage next weekend. Also I discovered the discoloration on the hood and roof is just dirt and should scrub right off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 118
The 318 and 904 have arrived! It's in much better shape than I'd imagined. Totally unmolested. Time to tear it down!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 116
Welcome from a couple miles up the road!
If this crappy weather ever lets up maybe you'll see me cruising around.

-
Back