Hello from Central Jersey

-

DusterDaddy

sledgehammer mechanic
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello

Many years ago my first car was a 71 'Cuda that I was able to put together from a mild wreck and and a good junk yard in up in Sussex County where I grew up.
I have a family with a great wife and 5 wonderful kids, and my oldest son who is 14 got bit by the same bug that stung me 36 years ago.

A while back the two of us stopped in at a cruise night car show in our neighborhood, I noticed the lack of quality Mopar representation at that event and my boy and I decided on the ride back home that night we would do something about that at one point in our future.

We talked for a few days and decided that a Duster would be a good choice for us as project because there are a lot of them around. We came to own a nice '74 roller that has the normal rust, but is pretty solid over all.

The car was an original 318 car with a 904 and an 8-1/4 rear. The previous owner turned to it for parts for a strip car he was building, so it's missing a few key parts but we are up for the challenge.

We also have a 360 from an 84 dodge pickup, I drove the truck before buying the motor and it was strong and smooth, although it's really grungy.

So the plan is to restore the car and use the 360 with the 904 and the 8-1/4 rear. I posted a few times and a few guys said if I'm thinking of running the motor without a full rebuild, don't tear into it at all.

Id like to keep a really stock look under the hood, but many of you say not to even consider staying with the '84 era TQ, so I thought a small holley or eddy would be a good choice. Will a stock snorkle air cleaner fit over a holley or eddie?

We welcome any tips and suggestions.....
Thanks

Attachments

• Duster.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 163
  • engine bay2 as purchased.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 360 when pulled2.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 188
Welcome aboard. Love to see a father-son project. Looks like ya got some work ahead of ya there, but Im certain that building it together like that will make it that much more enjoyable.

Welcome from Fort Dix.
The car shows I go to I'm one of few mopars and usually the only muscle car era mopar.

Welcome aboard. Love to see a father-son project. Looks like ya got some work ahead of ya there, but Im certain that building it together like that will make it that much more enjoyable.
We're ready for the challange

Welcome to FABO, demondreamer, from SoCal. Keep us updated on your father-son project.
You're going to like it here.

Welcome to FABO Demondreamer!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information.

What a great project for you and your son. Look forward to seeing pictures of the progress

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - More photos in my gallery

Attachments

• DSC06821.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 86
-
Back