Hello, from Metro Detroit!

-

MartyB

Reaction score
Semi-retired guy about to turn 65 and looking to play with Ma Mopar toys. I am the son of a Chrysler designer (from the Exner years). I cannot afford a ForwardLook car, but that's okay. I like 'em all, from A, B, D, FMJ and even (gasp) K-cars/P bodies. Which of these platforms has the best parts availability? Can y1ou find late model A body parts off the shelf generally? I'd like a later A, but am a bit wary of long hunts for parts as the car I get will be my grocery and short errands ride. Thanks for any input!

Welcome from Downriver! Yes parts are available, especially service parts like brakes, waterpumps etc. Also a nice parts wanted section to FABO and a bunch of helpful members if I do say so myself!

Yea, you can find parts for A-bodies, and at good prices. EBay, Rock Auto, ect. Most Later A's have factory Disc Brakes with big bolt pattern wheels, Electronic Ignition, Retractable full body seat belts and better safety overall. Plus they are light weight and a result are more fuel efficient.

IMG_5971.jpeg

-
Back