Hello from New Zealand

-

Alf

Reaction score
After a lifetime of owning all sorts of different makes of cars I have returned to owning another Mopar. I think this one will be a keeper.

We found this one at a local car show and just had to have it.

It is a 66 Dart GT. 6 cylinder automatic. Was a one owner car when imported to New Zealand in 2006.

The couple that imported it spent a lot of time and money making sure everything was renewed. New suspension, brakes, hoses, tires, body and paint work to mention just a few things done. I purchased the car from them making it a genuine two owner car.

It is believed to be the only one in New Zealand.

It has been fitted with headers, dual barrel carb and electronic ignition.

I am presently making a centre console for it. This is to blend in the under dash gauges and and provide a place for the new stereo as I cannot bring myself to modify the original dash.

This is to have the sides covered in blue vinyl to match the carpets with a chrome trim around the top edge. Not a copy of an original console but something that flows down from the dash and gauges in a period style.

Then we are wanting to fit a tow hitch so we can tow a small caravan.

Hope you like it. We do. :glasses7:

Welcome to FABO Alf!! That is a super sweet little car, you should be rightly very proud of it!! Geof

Welcome from another new guy! That console looks nice, gives me ideas for mine.

Welcome, cool console. Reminds me of the 64 ish Thunderbird console.
2838546091_ddbd11fef2.jpg

Welcome, hope you enjoy the site and hope to see more of your Dart. The half-vinyl roof looks nice and nice job on the console, it looks classy.

Here's an official 66 Dart welcome Alf! toolmanmike

I have had the console covered and it seems to blend in quite well.

Wlecome...cool ride n' nice console build!!!

-
Back