Hello from Oregon

-

Wicked72ride

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger and have been using it as a daily driver. This is my first early model dodge and am finding out that it is a different beast from my fords. It has been a one owner car with a stack of invoices and the original purchase sheet.

I just installed a dual exhaust system with X-pipe and a new heater core. I also just picked up a 71' Dart grille to be installed. It has been the best car I have ever picked up and drove. I do have questions and figured I should get with some folks who know. I will post pictures here soon.

My first question is that there is a hole in my dash about knee level under the headlight switch. I have looked through a few other cars and it would appear to be a MAP light switch does anyone know where I can get one of these switches?

Thanks Jason

Welcome to FABO Jason, this is a great place to find parts and information!

Welcome! If you post a want ad thread for the switch, I'm sure someone around here has one...

Jason, welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Post up some pics of your new ride. Any further build plans or are you going to keep it 'as is'?

Jason, welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
Post up some pics of your new ride. Any further build plans or are you going to keep it 'as is'?

Yes and no. The wife says that she wants to drive the car during the summer which means it cannot be too radical. Because of how complete and original the car is I am planning on doing small reversable stuff to it (i.e. 4 barrel carb and intake). I am planning on keeping all the original equipment too. When I went to swap out the alternator for a new one and I found that it was the original one and have an invoice that says in 1979 the alternator was rebuilt. Still pretty excited. Ran into a little speed bump - I installed the wrong headers in the car and as it was turning around a hole was ripped a hole in one of the tubes. Sucks for me and lesson learned. News ones will be here Tuesday.

Welcome to the site. Post pictures when you get a chance. Mind if I ask what Fords you had/have are?

I have had
1977 F100 351M AT, SWB (Sold)
1976 F150 390 4X4 4spd, LWB (Sold)
1967 Mustang V8, AT (Sold)
1968 Mustang V8, AT Hardtop (Sold)
1968 Mustang I6, AT Base model - I converted this to a 302, 4spd, power disc brakes (Currently still have)
1970 Mustang Sportsroof Base model V8, AT (Sold)
1971 Mustang Mach 1, 351 Cleveland, AT (Sold)
1973 Mustang Mach 1, 351 Cleveland, AT (Sold)
1986 Ford Bronco

Welcome, oregon here too. I live outside Portland in Gladstone. I also have the map light switch you need. Neat cars enjoy

-
Back