Hello, looking at this 68' Dart, Need advice.

-

Rentascout

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a long time Dodge owner but first time buying into my favorite era for the brand. I just looked at this car, 1968 Dart GT with a (non-matching) 408 Stroker. It looks pretty clean car but has some dings in the paint but overall the car is in great condition. Also runs good. He wants $20k. I like to get off with the right foot, is $20k the right price or I'm going on a ride with this one? Thanks for the help!

Heres the ad.

"Im selling my 68 dart gt,has a 360 strroker ,4 speed,console with pistol grip,mint black interior,motor runs mint,its loud 3 inch exhaust has dumps,8 3/4 rear 323 sure grip,red and black,has large bolt pattern all around,spring re location for fat tires,all chrome mint,all glass mint,rear trunk panel mint car is in great shape,very fast and fun,gets tons of attention,car needs nothing ready to enjoy,DONT waste my time I don't need to sell it,price is FIRM,wont find a better one ,I just don't have time to drive it,sits way to long without being enjoyed.happy moparing.."

View attachment 1.jpg

View attachment 2.jpg

View attachment 3.jpg

View attachment 4.jpg

View attachment 5.jpg

View attachment 6.jpg

View attachment 7.jpg

View attachment 10.jpg

View attachment 11.jpg

View attachment 9.jpg

I'm more the original type. But, If you race a lot , and don't care for originality, or where your money goes, go for it. 12k would be tops in my opinion. For 20k you can buy a nice original GTS.Lol

He likes the word mint a lot doesn't he? He may have $20k in it but he won't get it back out. He could have at least vacuumed the damned thing out. That's always been a pet peeve of mine.

attachment.php

The hood blackout stripe and hemi scoop are a turnoff for a segment of buyers. Law of supply and demand. Demand on that is down from typical others, so price follows.

I'm with the 16-17K figure tops in your area.

It's a little of everything. Hemi hood, GT emblems on trunk and fenders, GTS nosecone, custom hood blackout.

I know cars go for more out there. But here that would be 12K to 16K car here tops.

This is a real documented 340 4spd car with no rust and was being offered for $20K: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=319081 People were ready, willing and able to buy it. Seller seemed to have issue selling it or something.

This is a real documented 340 auto with no rust and lots of personalized touches very similar in style to the 68 Dart GT you are considering. It's been for sale for some time, and asking $18K, and still for sale : http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=273077

But that one is an auto.

I'm assuming you are looking for 4 speed only cars?

-
Back