Hello, New Member here

-

Jeremiah1981

Master Shake in Training
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am a new member here, and a new A-body lover. I just bought my first car. A 1966 Dodge Dart 270 Sedan /6. It needs a little body work, and it needs some interior work, but it ran and drove home like a dream and sounds great. I got it for $650. Will post some pictures soon.

-Jeremiah

Welcome to FABO!! You've joined up with the greatest bunch of folks with information and advice. We're picture whores here too,:happy11: BTW. Got any pics of your Dart? love to see 'em!

:burnout:
~Mary:happy10:

Great to have you aboard! We need more sedans on this board; my Valiant gets a little lonely, sometimes, being one of only a few with a B pillar.... lol!

Yeah; lets see some pictures of that bad boy........ We are nothhing, if not CURIOUS!!! :)

Bill, in Conway, Arkansas

Money well spent sir. Yeah I wanna meet your car, now...
What do you plan to do with it in the next month, year, lifetime?

welcome! and what they say^^^ we want pics!!8)

welcome aboard matey, and like a68postcar said "more post cars please"

ebay402%20058.jpg

Memike? Whose '65 Valiant is that?

Looks, er..... "interesting"!!! =P~

PS Does my 4-door qualify as a "post car"?? It has a "B" pillar....

Here are the sides of the car.

Future plans:

Fix minor body issues
New tires
new rims
some stereo equipment...
What else?

sides.jpg

Jeremiah1981 asked, "What else?"

Well, how about a 360 Magnum crate motor with an add-on Procharger blow-thru to liven things up a bit???:cheers:

My own 360 Magnum-inspired 4-door definitely likes the Vortech forced air.

(See attachments.)

Now, where did I put that 4" crank?????8)

Billl, in Conway, Arkansas

100_3266.jpg

image0-3.jpg

I must say, that engine compartment does look mighty awesome. But I am more of a cruiser, I like to move in style...racing is not really my style. But I do have an appreciation for it, don't get me wrong. Maybe as I get older and slower, I will want to move faster. :-D I have some questions, but will be asking when I am not at work. :)

The only real advantage to a setup like this (blower instead of hop-up goodies) is that you can run a very mild cam that has a slow, smooth, idle and great driveability while also having enough power to make you smile from ear-to-ear, when you step on it hard.

I could have built a faster car, cheaper with some Edelbrock heads, some 12-to-1 pistons and a radical cam, but the driveability would have suffered.

This way, I have a cruiser that idles at 475 rpm, smoothly, yet will run nearly 120 in the quarter mile if need be.

I like the Jeckyll/Hyde dual personality.

But, it's not for everyone. Lots of people like the radical cam, rump-rump idle (me, included), but my wife hates it, and she was going to drive this car a lot, too, so, I got a mild cam. With the blower, that doesn't matter....

Good luck with your project!!!!

Bill

100_3206-4.jpg

-
Back