HELP! 66 barracuda emblem COLOR????

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Aloha!

I've repainted all of my emblems on my 66 barracuda.... except the front grill and the trunk barracuda emblems.

I know its is suppose to be a "blue color" around the "fish" but I don't know what color it is....

Anyone have an idea???? I dont expect a color code...but whatever info you are willing to give...is greatly appreciated!

Mahalo Mike

Advert for a 1966_barracuda rear facing.jpg

Don't know the specific name of the blue color however I saw an ebay item end a few days ago. It was a blue vinyl background for the rear window chrome emblem your referencing. It was $15.00. Good Luck.

ZooKypr

hmmm...think you could find it on ebay again so I can look at it?

Aloha!

If you have the fish emblems, they have a medium blue background with a flat black border. If you have the "V" emblems, they have a lighter blue on the LH (as you face the emblem) and red on the RH side. These things fade over the years so it's hard to tell the exact shade. The red looks almost orange on some of my emblems. The blues range from Ford blue to robin's egg! A color code would be nice but I don't see anything in the factory book.
Thanks, Mark

mahalo Mark!

I'll just have to go with what I think will looks best. The car is already CC1 (light blue) so I want something that doesn't match....

Yes I have the fish emblem...time to pick a color and start painting!

Aloha

Thanks COSGIG. The picture helps...but it can never be easy can it...something like someone saying oh thats a ditzler color code "5150-OU812"...ahh the trials and tribulations of classic car ownership!

Aloha FABO!

Hey Mike, I know you said that you didn't want the emblem background the same color as the body color, but in several cases on my car, I used the body color when accenting certain areas. For example, on the "V" emblem on the dogdish hubcaps, one side is supposed to be blue and the other red... I used the body color for the blue and the engine color for the red. Same with the "commando" emblem on the fender and the rear shocks, both are painted with the red engine color. I tried to tie the body and engine color together in small, tasteful accents along the way. That's just me, and your results may vary, but 4 out of 5 dentists surveyed recommended that doing your car your way results in fewer cavaties, and a brighter smile when someone says "nice car"!!! Mahalo, (I hope I used that right)Geof

-
Back