HELP HELP !!! Need some opinions on lower gear set ( PICTURES INSIDE )

-

duster360

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I already know the answer to this but I need some other opinions on this first. I would like to be able to order this tomorrow if I need to. So I need some opinions tonight if possible. The ends where the thrust washers ride look pretty rough and the washers did also. What is your opinion? Is there a way to fix this, like machinig it and installing shims to take up the material being machined off. Or is that not really an option? Lots of grooves in it.

Click on link for pictures: http://s248.photobucket.com/user/ja...?page=3&_suid=1363829694102003371381056759598

Well, you do already know you aren't going to install it that way. I'd try a local machine shop to see what it would cost to have it turned down and shimmed within spec. If this is a late model OD trans, order one from Brewers for $80...heck, call Brewers, they'll be honest with you...
Nevermind, just saw the bronze forks....129 or 169 isn't too bad either, but not sure what you have into it already.

Already up to $600 in internal parts. This thing is killing me. Still way less than a rebuilt unit. But daaammnn. Lol.

-
Back