help!!! how to remove drum....sun going down

-

Mrkidd

Reaction score
Im stuck ..I'm switching my 7 1/4 rear to a 8 1/4 and I need to switch the emergency brake cable ...I was needing help to remove that...and along the way I find out I don't know how to remove the rear brake drum...I loosened the adjuster all the way ...what and where I'm I missing
?..
Thanks for the help..

well make sure you dont hve the parking brake on first...

then are you sure it is loosened and not tight? look thru the adjuster hole and make sure its threaded in and not all the way out...

sometime the drums can rust to the center hub so spray some PB blaster in there and also hit it with a hammer in between the studs...

should come loose

Ok thanks...I removed these a long time ago so maybe the parking brake is on...if so what would be the next step..... but on the rear hub is there a clip.....

If the parkin gbrake cable is stuck (veru common) then sometimes wiggling the cable where it goes into the backing plate will let the springs pull the shoes in a little more. If you are junking things anyway, you can also cut the heads of the retaining pins and pry it off. This will more than likely destroy something...lol. Removing rusty stuck drums can be an art...

Ok thanks...I removed these a long time ago so maybe the parking brake is on...if so what would be the next step..... but on the rear hub is there a clip.....

pics... otherwise i have no idea what you mean... usually the axle just has a centering ring which the drum fit around...

-
Back