Help identifying big block heads

-

4fortyDemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at possibly buying 2 383 engines. They're about 3 hours away from me. I asked the gentleman selling if he could take particular pictures so I could make a determination if I wanted these engines. I looked in my direct connection engine book at head casting #s and can't see what these are based on the pics. He's very busy and about an hour from where the engines are stored. I tried to have as many specific pictures taken by telling him .
Best pics I could get....

Screenshot_20230126-200804_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20230126-201901_Messages.jpg

The foto's are poor, the casting #s worse, and my vision not great either. I can't make out the casting numbers, but the 10000 day code could help.
I have no reason to think Plymouth 65 is wrong.

I'm right there with you... poor pics . Unfortunately can't keep asking the seller to drive a hour to get more pics....sucks

I'm looking at possibly buying 2 383 engines. They're about 3 hours away from me. I asked the gentleman selling if he could take particular pictures so I could make a determination if I wanted these engines. I looked in my direct connection engine book at head casting #s and can't see what these are based on the pics. He's very busy and about an hour from where the engines are stored. I tried to have as many specific pictures taken by telling him .
Best pics I could get....

View attachment 1716040169

View attachment 1716040170
I'll be happy to take those off your hands.. if I'm reading that right it looks like it says 2406518 and I have a 426 they would be right at home on...then again ,the rocker stands.hmm
Now.. if I'm reading it wrong then its 2406516 64-67 383

Last edited:
If they are 516 those work great on a 383. They are closed chamber without the core plug on the end. 2.08 x 1.6 valves

Cast in rocker shaft stands = 1964 and newer if I recall. Anyway, the cylinder heads on a 383 wouldn't make or break a deal for me.

Cast in rocker shaft stands = 1964 and newer if I recall. Anyway, the cylinder heads on a 383 wouldn't make or break a deal for me.
The cylinder heads won't for me either, I have a set. Just looking to try to recoup a couple of bucks if they're worth anything.

-
Back