Help identifying Holley carbs?

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
A customer brought in two Holley carbs he wanted to put on his old beaters. Both are double pumpers, but I am not sure how to identify them or where the numbers are. I see a bunch of numbers here and there but don't know what I am looking for. He has a stock 305 and a stock 350, both spreadbore, so I told him these were too much carb for his vehicles and that he would need adapters and fuel line fittings. etc... Now he wants to sell them. My question is, can anyone identify these or tell me what I need to identify them? And how much are they worth - ballpark?

View attachment Holley carb.jpg

View attachment Holley carb 1.jpg

View attachment Holley carb 2.jpg

View attachment Holley carb 3.jpg

holley has their list number stamp on the choke tower...on the top carb..

usually a 4 or 5 digit number stamp on choke tower and the day of manufacturer is on their too

if the chock as been milled off as in the second carb...look for some stamping on the metering blocks....

I see an 1156 on one, which google out to be a 600 cfm and the other has a 4779 on it which appears to be a 750 cfm. Sound about right? What are they worth - cobwebs and all. They will almost certainly need to be rebuilt.

The bottom one appears to be a conventional "square bore" double pumper. So if you can Google around and use venturi/ throttle base bore sizes, you should be able to figure out what it is.

These carbs were list no's 4776, 4777, 78, 78, 79 80, 81

4776 was 600, up each no. by 50 CFM

Here:

https://www.holley.com/types/Double Pumpers.asp

holley R1156 shows it came on a 56 ford....where is that number located?

does it say List-1156?

holley R1156 shows it came on a 56 ford....where is that number located?

does it say List-1156?

On the face of the air horn, just inside where the air filter housing would sit. It also has an 80776 right above it.

On Holley's site it shows it to be a 600 cfm 4150 carb.

80776 Holley® 600 CFM double pumper carburetor

1156 would be the date of manufacturer....like 1991...156 day of year...or 2001 ....156 day of year

I would say 75-100 each as good cores.

I researched completed sales on eBay. The 600 isn't selling at $60 and the 750 averages around $100. The guy says if I sell them he'll give me half the money. maybe I'll offer him $125 for the pair and only pay $62.50. I can keep the 750 as a spare and sell the 600 cheap to someone in need. Sounds like a plan to me.

-
Back