Help me decide on a floor jack

-
Bought a professional series Napa floor jack many years ago. Cringed as I dragged it through gravel over the years. Very heavy. Was bummed when it started bleeding off. When I get around to it I will see if I can get parts.
Not being a shop that uses it every day I am disappointed it did not last longer.
If I were to replace it I would probably buy the nicest harbor freight aluminum.

If you're pressed for cash, pick up and old quality one off craigslist. There isn't much that can go bad on these things and rebuild kits are pretty affordable. I love my old Sears 2-ton. It's heavy, but it was passed down from my uncle and it works fine.

I want to buy a 2-3 ton floor jack to replace a gifted one. I want to lift the front of my 1965 Signet and then use jack stands. I'll do tires and such and also use it 2-3 a year. Trouble is I don't like to buy unsafe jacks but I don't want to spend a butt load of dough. Is there a decent suggestion for my needs that I won't regret? Most are made in China so I'm ok with that inspire of the high price of USA made. I'm not a daily mechanic swapping rear ends and the like. Thanks for any suggestions.
A while back I bought a Harbor Freight 3-ton long reach steel jack. I bought it to replace a 30+ year old Harbor Freight jack that started leaking down and for which I could not find seals. Got my money's worth in any case. I recommend if you get a Harbor Freight jack before you use it remove the wheels and lube them and their axles with wheel bearing grease.

Bought a professional series Napa floor jack many years ago. Cringed as I dragged it through gravel over the years. Very heavy. Was bummed when it started bleeding off. When I get around to it I will see if I can get parts.
Not being a shop that uses it every day I am disappointed it did not last longer.
If I were to replace it I would probably buy the nicest harbor freight aluminum.
I've had/used a lot of jacks. Best one ever is the low profile steel jack from Costco. Low profile, double cylinder, very strong.

Tt
Cheap price + decent quality + low usage = Harbor Freight. I've had one for years, it works just fine. If I was to do it again, I'd get the aluminum low profile version. Mine is heavy as hell.

That is the one I have, low profile 3 ton aluminum, costs around $180. Had it for 5 years and picks the front end of my 2500 Cummins Truck with no problem. Had two Lincons and the seals go out after a couple years.

Go ahead with one of those low lift low capacity HF aluminum jobs, then go right back and get one of these when you can't get the work done with the little guy.

3 Ton Long-Reach Low-Profile Professional Floor Jack with RAPID PUMP, Blue
1713200958939.png

Man am I ever glad I bought mine when that model first came out. It was nearly half that price.

-
Back