Help me identify this part

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine (Chevy guy) is rebuilding a 360 Mopar engine for his dually truck. He found this washer in his parts tank but not sure it was from a 360 or not. Honestly I’ve never seen one in a 360 but the only place I told him it could go is on a camshaft between the thrust plate and timing gear. Did you guys ever see one?
9980103F-CD18-4674-8B8F-546BF80C62F3.jpeg

I just talked to him. It fits on the distributor but is to small to lay on the block under the distributor.

I doubt it goes between the cam and thrust plate.

It does look like a thrust washer though. Best guess is for a transmission, maybe the cluster gear (name?) assembly in an A833?

I doubt it goes between the cam and thrust plate.

It does look like a thrust washer though. Best guess is for a transmission, maybe the cluster gear (name?) assembly in an A833?

he tried it on the cam and said the hole is to small to go over the cam. I think it’s a leftover part from another job. Looks like something from a 10 or 12 bolt Chevy rearend for spider gears.

It looks to me like it locates something because of the notches in it, but it could be anything.
Also, did you do an image search on google? that sometimes helps.

It looks to me like it locates something because of the notches in it, but it could be anything.
Also, did you do an image search on google? that sometimes helps.

no I tried talking him through getting oil to his rockers and a couple other issues. I have my own issues trying to figure out what’s in my parts tank and he can google his own. Lol

Looks like the top of the intermediate shaft bushing. It’s looks to be aluminum. The aluminum bushings had those notches. Get him to check that. Kim

Looks like the top of the intermediate shaft bushing. It’s looks to be aluminum. The aluminum bushings had those notches. Get him to check that. Kim

I’m going to bow out of this one. I already gave up my daily walk and shop time today. He moved pretty fast for a 66 year old once he gets moving. I’ve taken a lot of Mopar small block short blocks apart and never saw one so it could be from another project.

I’ll admit I was a little nervous with opening this post, based on some of PBR’s recent ones!! LOL!!

I’m going to bow out of this one. I already gave up my daily walk and shop time today. He moved pretty fast for a 66 year old once he gets moving. I’ve taken a lot of Mopar small block short blocks apart and never saw one so it could be from another project.

$10 says it isn't from a motor at all, let alone a SBM.

Looks like the remains of the bush for the dist drive. I have an alum one here that I will be using in a 440. The grooves are lubrication grooves. I doubt if it is a thrust washer from a trans because the wear mark shows the full surface area is not used.
Some cleaning tanks use a caustic solution that eats alum, which could explain why some of it is missing.

-
Back