Which mopar to buy?

• 73 Road Runner

Votes: 125 40.2%
  • 70 Dart

Votes: 186 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
So why didn't the guy want to sell you the Road Runner?
It would have been my first choice, i used to have one and they are great looking cars.
I love the stripes and the bulge hood!

The guy selling the road runner all of the sudden won't return my calls. I'm guessing he got cold feet again. :wack:

Yeah my family has a lake house just down the road from him and we are over there quite a bit in the summer. I will stop by and say hi.
Do it while pulling up in that "new" 70 Dart of yours :twisted:

I think that I did pretty good. The floor pans look great and the trunk only has one bad spot on the drivers side. The rest is just surface rust. Check out the shag carpet. Someone actually molded this carpet in.

Attachments

• Floor2.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 161
  • Trunk.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Trunk2.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Trunk3.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 167
Did you end up getting the deal on it you wanted? Looks pretty clean, but who knows until you start digging into it.
Check my build thread, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Did you end up getting the deal on it you wanted? Looks pretty clean, but who knows until you start digging into it.
Check my build thread, you'll see what I'm talking about.

I saw that. You gotta love filler. This car that I bought is 100% factory paint.

John, to be honest I like the 73-4 RR better than the 70 body style. Call me weird.

Chris you are weird. I saw you wearing a tank top and shorts when it was 40 degrees outside in Vegas. LOL When you coming up this way again?

RR,its a 73 so it has big bolt pattern wheels, frt disc brakes,elec. ign. Probably has dual sport mirrors. Also 8-3/4 rears are more plentiful for b bodies if it doesnt have one already in it. Plus its already got a v-8 drive train and k member. The hood is worth a bunch and it runs and drives. Not to mention the 2 yrs you bugged the owner for it,lol.

There's a guy who started showing up to my school in a '73 Runner, blue with white stripes and interior. I never liked the white interior (or the blue like the one in the pics) but it works on that car. I started hunting for one myself... as of this pay check, $50 in the project car fund for a whopping total OF.... $50.... lol good luck, and hope to see the runner win ;)

And it looks as if a lot of people are missing that the owner of the Runner is NOT returning the phone calls now and John has already picked up the Dart. So I would say the debate is pretty much finished for the time being.

That Runner would be bad *** though.

RR,its a 73 so it has big bolt pattern wheels, frt disc brakes,elec. ign. Probably has dual sport mirrors.

ALL B bodies have a 4 1/2 pattern. the only mopars that didnt were A bodies.

And it looks as if a lot of people are missing that the owner of the Runner is NOT returning the phone calls now and John has already picked up the Dart. So I would say the debate is pretty much finished for the time being.

That Runner would be bad *** though.

LOL , im guessing some of us arent reading the whole thread ..
and i voted for the runner but the dart looks like a good builder

The guy that owns the runner is a super nice guy. There is just sentimental value attached to the car. He wants his son to take on the project of rebuilding it. He actually wants to see it restored and I don't blame him. I will try him again a couple of months.

I know the road runner is a B-body, but still a great Mopar. It's a one owner running V-8. Plus the cool color combo. I'd choose that one, even it is a little more pricey than the Dart.

If the Road Runner was a 68-69 I would say by all means go with it. Anything after that I just don't care for at all. 70-73 Dart body style is still the smaller looking type that I like 67-69 is my favorite.

Wouldnt the manual be a pain with the bench seat? (The dart) and I agree w mopar410 the parts for the runner would be pricey. Voted for the dart since ive owned 2 :)

I think that I did pretty good. The floor pans look great and the trunk only has one bad spot on the drivers side. The rest is just surface rust. Check out the shag carpet. Someone actually molded this carpet in.

Is that black stuff in the trunk factory sealant? Or holes patched w spray rubber from Tv?

There was three of us and we just pushed it up. Gotta love these A bodies. The floor pans look really good. I haven't been able to get in the trunk yet, because there is no key. Looks like I will be pulling the back seat. The car is actually really solid other than the usual rust in the rear quarters, but the trunk extensions even look solid.

THAT would freak me out haha who knows what could've been in there!

-
Back