Help needed with GERBER MULTITOOL

-

guzzimike

Reaction score
OK, so I got this Gerber Multitool as a gift..

07520G_Gerber_Multi-Plier_600_Basic_Blunt_Nose_Black_w_Carbide_Cutters_w_Sheath.jpg

Anyone know what the "O" shaped "ring shaped tool" right above the Saw Blade is used for..?

I think that the Gerber site Identifies it as a "Lanyard Tool"...But that makes little sense to me..

This Tool comes with its own Nylon Sheath..Why would you need a lanyard ring; and if it is a Lanyard ring, why the point on its perimeter..?

FWIW, it clicks into a "locked" position exactly at the angle as shown in the picture above. It is as thick as the saw blade throughout its length.

Thanx..

--

The point is for spreading the keyring on the lanyard or keychain. and some people dont like those nylon cases cuz it means taking it out of it everytime u need it instead of it being at the ready.

I used to have a Gerber multi-tool and it was a neat lil tool to have.

The point is for spreading the keyring on the lanyard or keychain. and some people dont like those nylon cases cuz it means taking it out of it everytime u need it instead of it being at the ready.

I used to have a Gerber multi-tool and it was a neat lil tool to have.

Thank you.

This makes sense.

--

Gerbers are nice, I have two. I keep one in my tool box and the other in my truck. Top quality.

It's actually pretty light.

I've used a similar one out in the field quite a few times.

They are definitely handy to have around.
--

It is no problem man, my pleasure. =D

Enjoy your tool, I used to have one as I said but salt-water crusted it up and killed it

It is no problem man, my pleasure. =D

Enjoy your tool, I used to have one as I said but salt-water crusted it up and killed it

Enjoy your tool
That is the best advice I have seen on here in a day or two! LOL!!!

That is the same exact Gerber Multi-tool that they issue us in the Army. It is a great tool and comes in very handy. I used mine everyday.

No beer bottle opener?lol j/k nice gift!
Those are great multi tools to have,but whenever I need a knife or something,i seem to go straight to the toolbox forgetting I have my multitool in my pocket =\

-
Back