Help with casting numbers on 65 Barracuda

-

one mile

Reaction score
what head has casting # 246816-1 They are on the motor in my Daughters '65 Barracuda. The Intake is cast Iron 3830945 M. Help? It's a 273 - 2465330-3

Thanks Dfnsmn34 for the Web Site. Looked again and found Block and Heads were 273 but the Intake is killing me. I checked again and it was 3830945 M. Its all ok with me but I just need to know more about her Engine. I did find a Cam Card don't have it with me but that will be my next question here on the Forum if it is too much for her Daily Driver. The Heads do have aftermarket Springs and Rocker Shafts look new as do the Push Rods. So far it all looks like it was done right. not going to pull it down any further till I hearun

Well, I found out the intake is off of a 360. I did not think a standard SB intake would fit the L.A. 273 stuff because of angle of the intake bolts? Whats up with that? Will I need to get another Intake? Folks I am really trying hard to understand this Mopar stuff, but wouldnt it cause flow issues with smaller ports and a large plenum and runners on the Intake?:banghead:

You need to check the casting date of the block, it is maybe a later 273. I think only the 64 and 65 heads had the different intake bolt angles. It may have gone into 66, but I don't remember. Someone here will correct me if I'm wrong and that's good info for everyone concerned.

look at the front of the engine, below the driver side head. Theres a smooth area about 3 inches long that has letters and numbers these will tell you the year of the block. Maybe hard to read as they are stamped in. Post them here. I don't have a link but the first letters (If I remember right) will tell us the year the engine was cast. I'll need to look it up in my small block rebuild book to confirm. But I'm sure others will beat me too it! Good Luck!

-
Back