Help with KH rotors

-

matthon

Reaction score
I need help and have tried to help myself and I'm stuck
I have read through many threads here, through old parts books, on-line, etc, trying to locate rotors for a 67 a body, (Barracuda), with the Kelsey Hayes brakes.
So here is what I found that is supposed to fit, but there are no listings anywhere:
Wagner BD60257
Bendix 141054
Raybestos 76739
NAPA 86739

2 questions:
1) Will these rotors from Summit actually bolt right on?
BEN-PRT1054
There are actually a few rotors listed:
http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...94908078+4294908077+4294840053+115+4294922533
And I found these, but they only list rotors for a 67 Valiant:
http://extranet.soleniuminc.com/Cen...ult.aspx?id=DISC&y=1967&m=PLYMOUTH&mm=VALIANT
2) What is the best way to remove the old rotor and how do you attach the new rotor to the old hub?

2) What is the best way to remove the old rotor and how do you attach the new rotor to the old hub?

Press out the lugs and the hub and rotor should separate pretty easy. Position the new rotor to the hub and press the lugs back in.

Bump again!!

I am still looking, and honestly none of these pics that I see on-line look anything like the rotors I have, (I realize sometimes pics on websites are not the actual parts).

Another question: are the 68/69 disc brakes on a Barracuda different from the KH 67s?
It appears that way, as the 69s are listed all over.

I had to put just pads on today to keep it drivable, but the passenger rotor has a small grove in it and it looks a little thin on one side.
I can't swap out the brakes and get new front rims/tires, too much $$.

Bump again!!

I am still looking, and honestly none of these pics that I see on-line look anything like the rotors I have, (I realize sometimes pics on websites are not the actual parts).

Another question: are the 68/69 disc brakes on a Barracuda different from the KH 67s?
It appears that way, as the 69s are listed all over.

I had to put just pads on today to keep it drivable, but the passenger rotor has a small grove in it and it looks a little thin on one side.
I can't swap out the brakes and get new front rims/tires, too much $$.
'67/'68/'69 are all the same part number, and interchange. '66 too.

Those will work but you'll need to press the lugs out and then back in to install them on your hub.

Really!!? That is great news.
I didn't think that the KHs brakes were available on the 68 and 69, or is it just the caliper that is different and the rotors are the same?

If they don't fit I won't be surprised as everything for the 67s is different for some reason.

-
Back