Help with radio connector on factory harness please

-

DusterDaddy

sledgehammer mechanic
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if any of the 3 connectors pictured on this stock 1974 Duster under dash harness are for the radio? If so which one and if possible can you tell me which lead is for power and which lead is for the panel light?. I'm thinking I can grab power for the panel lights on my aftermarket gauges from here. Thanks!
open sockets.jpg
radio gauges.jpg

Looks like it should be #3 - red (could be pink can't tell on my moniter) is power to the radio, orange is for the dial light

I'm damn sure that Red with a white tracer was radio power and Orange was panel lights. I can check my 74 manual when I get home.

Cley

Looks like it should be #3 - red (could be pink can't tell on my moniter) is power to the radio, orange is for the dial light

Is there a source for getting a connector for the radio? There wasn't one in the car when I got it.

Last edited:
Do you mean for the aftermarket Radio or a factory Radio connector?

Cley
I'd like to find the factory radio connector that I could make a pigtail going in to the aftermarket radio. The aftermarket radio that I have is only temporary until I find something better.

Is there a source for getting a connector for the radio? There wasn't one in the car when I got it.

If you take a close up picture of the side and where the harness from the radio would plug in of the wiring harness connector, I will look and see what I have - got lots of different connectors.

IMG_5707.JPG
IMG_5720.JPG
If you take a close up picture of the side and where the harness from the radio would plug in of the wiring harness connector, I will look and see what I have - got lots of different connectors.

Here is one of the end and the side

The 74 Manual shows an 18 R for power and an 18 O for the Dial Light. The plug is CI 9 which is the one shown in post 9.

Cley

Attachments

• Radio Wiring.pdf
    52.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Plug Detail.pdf
    85.9 KB · Views: 88
-
Back