Help with shipping a grill

-
Go to your local home center or better yet a cement factory
get the cardboard tube used to form round pillars.Thick and
being round it's stronger

Good job memike. That looks great and easy to make.

I just got the word from the For Trucks Only member that the grill I sent him from Arkansas to Canada made the trip safely and un harmed :cheers:

For a box to ship a grill in go to your local box/shipping store and purchase them. A 12X12 square box as long as you can get it works well. Usually have to buy a shorter 12X12 to allow for the length of the grill. Slip one over the top of the other and tape it securely. When you put it in a wooden crate isn't it considered freight then? And ships at higher rates?

For a box to ship a grill in go to your local box/shipping store and purchase them. A 12X12 square box as long as you can get it works well. Usually have to buy a shorter 12X12 to allow for the length of the grill. Slip one over the top of the other and tape it securely. When you put it in a wooden crate isn't it considered freight then? And ships at higher rates?
I would think so jefflock :hello2: I added the 1/2 plywood to screw the grill to and boxed it up like you said, But I get my boxes free at a radiator shop :cheers:

Most places like radiator shops and such will let you take their boxes as they just put them out for recycle anyways. I wouldnt trust 2 boxes taped together as it is too easily a bendable area that could be damaged. Plenty of decent boxes to chose from and you might even have to take a bigger one and trim it down to the right size.

-
Back