Help with V8 swap on 66 Valiant

-

tricky dick

Reaction score
I have a 66 valiant and want to change the six for a 360 magnum and a 727 what needs to be done with the k member? I have never done this before

Wow! Never seen that link on here before. It's pretty good. Wish I had it when I did my swap but everyone here was a great help when needed. Even coming up with the parts.
Anyway, just want to say that all 66 centerlinks are not V8's. Mine was an air conditioned six with PS but still needed the centerlink. The V8 centerlink and the driver exhaust manifold( or headers) from the correct year are absolutely necessary and the hardest parts to come by. The rest can be adapted from other cars or fabricated. Good luck.

Yep 61-66 /6 had a straight center link and V-8 had a drop link so you'll need one of those.
67-76 all had the drop link but are different than 61-66.

Yep 61-66 /6 had a straight center link and V-8 had a drop link so you'll need one of those.
67-76 all had the drop link but are different than 61-66.

Not totally true. The 64 to 66 /6 links I have had were a drop just not as far and they were a smaller diameter.

I'm gonna watch this as I've got a 66 Valiant wagon that I'm converting from slant 6 to 360 also....

I would use the original early (pre 69) timing chain cover and cast iron water pump, keep the original radiator for an early A, then use the cast crank 360 damper and remark the timing marks for the different location for the early timing cover.

-
Back