Not open for further replies.

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Aloha,

I've been wanting to replace my Hood release set up for my 71 Duster. Ya know the Latch, Catch, Spring, release mechanism and Hook.

This is my plan. Since the PO painted over all the mentioned above. I would like to get a complete set, send it to CudaChick1968 and have her powdercoat it in the factory steel/aluminum color.

Anyone willing to sell this to me? Then ship it to her? I've only seen her work through the site...I'd like to actually own something that she has beautified!=P~
I've been trying to figure out what I could have her powder coat for me...this is the best I can come up with...for now.

Must be complete and working. No missing springs, etc.

I was hoping to go this route without having to take the Duster down for several weeks.

Mahalo!:cheers:

34: I think the 70 or 71 will work and maybe the 72. On a deal like this i'm in. I'll check the parts list you have there and i'll check and see what i have in the " Field of Dreams" and get back with ya. The price will be right and you can forward the savings on to Leanna. I might even deliver them for no cost on shipping. I'l check the field and if i have em i'll have one of the guys pull em tomorrow and maybe jump on the bike and take em to Tenn. on my way to Beale Street. "All Bea Bach"

SWEET! SWEET! SWEET! COOL COOL COOL!!!

Let me know da $$$$.

I haven't even talked to her yet...but I know from reading all her post it will work out!

If ya can hand carry it WOW! If not, ship them I'll pay ya!!!

I'll shirley pass savings on the shipping to Leanna.

Mahalo nui loa Small Block.
Man I can't wait to get rid of the painted ones! It will look so purtty, Up front were everyone will see!

I'm jazzed!:-D:wav:

Been to the field and i have every thing your asking for in a 70 or 71 model except the small spring that works the latching mechanism but the spring on the 73 - 75 looks the same so we're good to go. I'll get it pulled tomorrow and maybe this weekend i can take em down for ya if it's not too hot. Let Leanna know they're coming one way or the other. I have her address right here on the work bench.

YEA!!!! I just PM'ed her... dude you are to fast...I hope your mrs don't mine HA!!

>)

Mahalo! PM the damage! $$$

Been to the field and i have every thing your asking for in a 70 or 71 model except the small spring that works the latching mechanism but the spring on the 73 - 75 looks the same so we're good to go. I'll get it pulled tomorrow and maybe this weekend i can take em down for ya if it's not too hot. Let Leanna know theyre coming one way or the other. I have her address right here on the work bench. I looked in the atlas and i see Greenfield so i will call her and get some fine tuning on directions. What would you expect to pay for these pieces not including coating?

Hmmm. I just bought a set off of e-vil bay that didn't work out for me. (Dart) I paid $40 and they were already coated. You tell me what your time and parts are worth. Since you went to the trouble...the same? $40? To much? not enough? Let me know...:)

electronic leash...I got two...blaaa

Let me get it done. You'll like it when all is said and done. I'll be in touch and i'll let Leanna know they're coming. Looks like it will be to hot to suit the wife for a bike ride. Speaking of suit, the wife is in the pool so i better go and make sure her suit don't fall off ...or...does....I'll be in touch.

The guys pulled them today and they are in the bead blaster waiting for me to get off this computer and my butt and walk over and blast em. That will save Leanna some time. It's too hot so i'll mail em rather than take em on the bike but it will be tomorrow or saturday. I'll let Leanna know they are on the way. Any problems with ANYTHING you are to let ME know.

I was going to say something earlier Small Block!!:argue:
But I can see you know how hot it is.:blackeye:
I have brought my son's St. Banard in for the last three day's.
They are not a good breed to have here in Arkansas without some relief.
It could be about to rain at your place soon if not already.
or it could go north of you.
Treva told me to tell you and Kat hello, she is walking out the back door to play in her building that creed built for her.:wave:

Wow, you boys have been BUSY!!!! :-D

Thank you for the kind words and confidence in my abilities 34!!! I'll do my best to exceed your expectations and make the front and center of your engine compartment gorgeous!

I'll let you both know when the parts get here so you can rest easy. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions in the meantime!

....on the parts 34. I've got em boxed up and i'll send em out tomorrow to Leanna. You just take care of our lady and all is well. Leanna, the ups man pulled up today and i thought it was my crossram but it was some QVC bullshit for my boss.

QVC????????? Ohhhhhhhh Bill, you gotta keep the boss away from that television! That'll drain your checkbook faster than anything.

But, then again, I'm not exactly The Queen of the Mall. I hate to shop.

I'll be looking forward to the shipments! Been working on a pro drummer's hardware today and wooooooooo boy is it turning out cool! It's a wicked effect called "Starburst Orange" that changes in the light from red, to green, to orange, to purple, to ........ It almost reminds me of that Kameleon paint House of Kolor makes, but it's cooler. I'll post a couple pics later when the stuff cools off a bit because I know we've got a few musicians on here too.

Aloha! Mike, I wanted to thank you again publicly for all your and SmallBlock Bill's efforts in throwing some parts my way. I hope you're thrilled with the work and the "Blasted Steel" powder color compliments your Duster just as you hoped. I enjoyed the job and very much look forward to working with you again in the future. Thank you for your business!!!!!!

:love7:

Now tell me what mahalo means. LOL

I had to ask him the same thing,You will like him and his way's "good Guy " all the way!!!

Aloha! Mike, I wanted to thank you again publicly for all your and SmallBlock Bill's efforts in throwing some parts my way. I hope you're thrilled with the work and the "Blasted Steel" powder color compliments your Duster just as you hoped. I enjoyed the job and very much look forward to working with you again in the future. Thank you for your business!!!!!!

:love7:

Now tell me what mahalo means. LOL

The second most used word in the Hawaiian language. Mahalo = Thanks. Thanks very much = Mahalo nui loa.

A pronounced: ah as in "star" as in the Hawaiian word ALOHA (the first most used word in the language)

O pronounced: oh as in "glow" as in the Hawaiian word MAHALO

There will be a test later. ;)

Waggin, I already do! He's been a joy to work with and a lot of fun along the way.

Thanks Ben! I was wondering. Gotta go sharpen my pencil for the test.

YOU Guys (and Gals) are the good people! I'm just along for the ride.

I took pictures of the AWESOME pieces...but I didn't like the way the pictures turned out. I will take some others soon and post them. (I want better lighting).

Leanna, My dad was going through the parts and said... What the heck is the Clint Eastwood stuff about? I just laughed and said its an inside joke! Yes, its on my shelf... Another MOPAR story...I've only owned my Duster since December...and I already have a lifetime of stories!

Parts are great!

PEOPLES! If you need quality work and professional people to do that work...Look no farther than:
Leanna ~ The CudaChick
1968 Barracuda Fastback 340

Owner / Operator
Phoenix Specialty Coatings
Professional Custom Powder Coating
for the Auto & Motorcycle Enthusiast
731-613-9192 (10-9 central time daily)
http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com

Every time I think of your first reply to that email, I just laugh!!! It was great and shows you're on your toes!

Thank you for the terrific plug, and for the latest story to add to my own collection. It's been a pleasure!!!

Here are the pictures I promised...as you can see CudaChick1968 is The Enforcer when it comes to powder coating!

All I can say is~
YEA ME!!! :cheers:Look at my beautiful parts!

Powder Coated hood latches 8-31-08 (2) small.JPG

Powder Coated hood latches 8-31-08 (7).JPG

Powder Coated hood latches 8-31-08 (4).JPG

Thanks for sharing the photos!!! I'm thrilled that you're happy with the parts. If you'd care to add a little written feedback to my website and/or kudzu.com, I'd love to have it!!!

Thank you for your business and for the opportunity to gain a new friend. I enjoyed working with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back