Hemidenny K member club?

-
I believe that dart440_72 is referring to a cart to roll the powertrain under and then out from under the car.......Great idea!

For the people that have the HDK K member, has anyone designed a cradle for it for removing it from under the car? If so, where did you put the "legs" that go from the front of the car to the back. Not sure how much sense this is making. If anyone has pics that would be great! I want to make one for my car to drop the engine and tranny as one.

Single wheel in the back under the 2"x2" frame so it doesn't get in the way. I'll don't have a real good picture of it but you can see them in the last picture.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 627
  • 013.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 568
  • 55.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 576
  • 017.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 573
Here's a couple more I found...it probably would have been easier to just go assemble it and take better photo's...if needed I will before I return it to Mark or Denny or who ever get's it next.

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 736
  • photo2.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 549
  • 54.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 509
This is probably the best picture of a viable example - Thanks Ross.

We had considered introducing a similar "For Sale" version as the HDKart
with the same adjustability that would accomodate any K-Member but Denny
was dubious as to whether people would be willing to pay the freight on such
a device and figures that a lot of guys would just want to build their own.

Of course, these would work for anybody; not just HDK customers. Do you
think there would be enough of a demand for a quality ready-to-go piece?

We're listening.

attachment.php

Photo courtesy of Ross Gordon

This is probably the best picture of a viable example - Thanks Ross.

We had considered introducing a similar "For Sale" version as the HDKart
with the same adjustability that would accomodate any K-Member but Denny
was dubious as to whether people would be willing to pay the freight on such
a device and figures that a lot of guys would just want to build their own.

Of course, these would work for anybody; not just HDK customers. Do you
think there would be enough of a demand for a quality ready-to-go piece?

We're listening.

attachment.php

Photo courtesy of Ross Gordon

sizable demand, no. A gaggle of them, yes

Sizable demand, no
We didn't really think so as far as a retail item but it is a necessary piece that anybody doing engine/trans
installs from underneath should make.......or have made for them. Ross's design would be hard to beat.

If you make your own, you could affectionately refer to it as the HDKart by Ross

Getting real close to taking the 69 Valiant for a test run I thinking of doing a write up on all the trials and tribulations of using the HDK for street use while still wanting the OLD School look and stance for anyone wanting the same I still have to figure out my rear leaf springs to get the stance and performance I want

I would prefer to make the pieces....everything EXCEPT the box tubing and large dollie wheels (Harbor Freight) that could be purchased locally and is expensive to ship because of size and weight.

make it slip fit and adjustable.

whaddaya think?

I would prefer to make the pieces....everything EXCEPT the box tubing and large dollie wheels (Harbor Freight) that could be purchased locally and is expensive to ship because of size and weight.

make it slip fit and adjustable.

whaddaya think?

This is a way better idea................

Wow the HDK system is designed to have a real low ride height which I fully understand the concept but in my case I wanted a more muscle car look (ride height) I have switched the 2" drop spindles for stock height and have the QA1 DS401 shocks (11 1/2 - 12 1/2) and the car now sets at 13" C to C on the shock and is still a little low for my taste considering changing to the DS403 (12 1/2 - 13 1/4) since I'm already past the DS401 ride height suggestion by QA1

Wow the HDK system is designed to have a real low ride height which I fully understand the concept but in my case I wanted a more muscle car look (ride height) I have switched the 2" drop spindles for stock height and have the QA1 DS401 shocks (11 1/2 - 12 1/2) and the car now sets at 13" C to C on the shock and is still a little low for my taste considering changing to the DS403 (12 1/2 - 13 1/4) since I'm already past the DS401 ride height suggestion by QA1

Any thought of using the DS 501 ?

The longest (lowest) hole in the ride height simulators.

Extended....17"
Compressed...11-5/8"
Installed.....13-7/8"...or 13-1/4" to 14-1/2"

Any thought of using the DS 501 ?

The longest (lowest) hole in the ride height simulators.

Extended....17"
Compressed...11-5/8"
Installed.....13-7/8"...or 13-1/4" to 14-1/2"

remember I'm old and forget allot but I'll have to look I don't recall the 501 being on the list you sent me the 403 being the longest but I could be wrong now I'm probably going to change to the 501

That shock is on my silver Duster, Jims HemiDemon, etc....I dropped the spring weight 20% when I went to the 12" coil over/spring vs the 10"......made for a smoother ride.

That shock is on my silver Duster, Jims HemiDemon, etc....I dropped the spring weight 20% when I went to the 12" coil over/spring vs the 10"......made for a smoother ride.

I know you have the monster motor but what spring weight did you end up with I now have the 400 on a 10" which is to much probably more like 300 to 350 do you know your front weight a friend is bringing over his 4 corner scales to weigh my car

My complete motor is aluminum

I have 350 lb / 12" springs.....I had 400lb 10"springs/shocks initially.

At ride height they collapse to 9"....just about the 25% Qa1 suggests

My complete motor is aluminum

I have 350 lb / 12" springs.....I had 400lb 10"springs/shocks initially.

At ride height they collapse to 9"....just about the 25% Qa1 suggests

and are you using the 2" drop spindles

Yes....but that has virtually no effect on the rate of the coil spring you use

remember I'm old and forget allot but I'll have to look I don't recall the 501 being on the list you sent me the 403 being the longest but I could be wrong now I'm probably going to change to the 501

Ok found out that I'm old and forget allot proof being that I was mistaken about the 501 Qa1 suggest using the 325 spring with the 501 shock and I was guessing around 1600 # front weight looking like I'll be switching over to the 501 due to the 13 1/4 ride height being the lowest I would care to go and I can go up to help with leveling out the car as long as it looks ok

Hi Denny went for my first drive on weekend great your front suspension kit is worth every $ it cost and some car drives great i am running 400lb springs with 12'' (ds501) shocks engine 440 with 906 heads perfect some pic's

here are the pic's

Attachments

• dart 097.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 507
  • dart 099.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 439
  • dart 108.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 443
  • dart 109.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 446
-
Back