here it is so far

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a couple pic of this engine so far. have a few pieces left to put on and waiting on some parts but thought I would post some pics. First pic is what I started with the other day. The rest is where I am at now. This engine only has 69000 original miles on it but it shure was not taken care of. It had a lot of leaks. all of the gaskets have been replaced except for the head gasket. Appreciate the help as always. Bill

Attachments

• DSC07689.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC07717.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC07718.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC07719.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 192
Looking real good, the only thing that really bugged me about the /6 is the position of the oil filter, you have to be so careful not to make a mess when changing oil especially on a nice looking motor like yours!

Looks like it belongs in a tractor, all nice and monochromatic. Like a CAT diesel, everything is yellow, everything!

Just a suggestion since it is on the engine stand...... fill up the tall oil filter it will use with the filter sitting out and the opening facing up; refill it several times to allow the element to soak in the oil; it'll take close to a quart. Flip the engine over upside down and install the filter, then flip the engine right side up again. You'll get a partial oil prime that way (since you can't do it with normal methods). Make sure the oil drain plug is in.

BTW, did you change the timing chain while you have it on the stand? T'would be a very good idea and a very easy time to do it. The timing cover can be pulled and reinstalled without pulling the pan if you do it right, and it would be sooo easy right now. With 69,000 miles, the chain can easily be stretched enough to retard cam timing several degrees and that will definitely show up in labored throttle response off-idle and mid-range.

Got any pix from under the valve cover and looking down into the pushrod/lifter galleries?

Happy New Year!

-
Back