Here we go again...

-
Geof, One of our FABO members (Bruce/7071DartGTReg) is looking for a couple of pieces for his floor shift linkage. Can you hold these for him and I'll send a PM ?

Well, the roachclip I found in the ashtray may well clear up a lot of the maladies that this car is wearing right now, especially the crushed in rocker and broken strut bar!!! Hey, if one ballast is good, two must be better, huh??? Actually, I think the one mounted to the wiper motor has something to do with the wiper motor, but I'm not all that versed on these later muscle Mopes!!! I'm mostly early stuff, so I'm counting on my brother to help determine whats what on this car, as we're partners in most everything we do Mopar. Geof

Geof, One of our FABO members (Bruce/7071DartGTReg) is looking for a couple of pieces for his floor shift linkage. Can you hold these for him and I'll send a PM ?

Is Bruce recovering from his procedure right now??? Have him P.M. me when he's feeling up to it and I'll see if I can get him his stuff!!! Thanks Cheryl, Geof

Roach clip hey it may have been owned by a relative of the guy that had my 65 interior done. lol Dont try to light something that old it may take off your eyebrows.

Does that have the original drive train in it? If so you shouldn't part it out but save it or sell to some one who will.

Awesome score Geoff......sure does look like it has seen better days.

where do you find all these "strays" lol .....im not that far from you and there are pretty much NO mopars around.

take a look at my parts wanted thread when you get the chance and let me know if you happen to have some of the things I need, I am sure you have some of what I am looking for.

also what condition is the back seat in?

If I had the cash to offer you something on that 340 if you were looking to sell it I would be all over it lol.

I would love to put a 340 on the stand for a later date.

but I have plenty of other stuff to keep me busy for now...Ill pick one up someday

Does that have the original drive train in it? If so you shouldn't part it out but save it or sell to some one who will.

Send me your email address and I'll send you about 100 pictures of reasons why this car will never see the road again. From the non-existent framerails to the non-existant crossmember to the... well, you get the picture. And yes, it has the original drivetrain. This car is way too far gone to save, you would have so much money invested just completely rebuilding the body that there would be no money left to redo everything else!!! Geof

Awesome score Geoff......sure does look like it has seen better days.

where do you find all these "strays" lol .....im not that far from you and there are pretty much NO mopars around.

take a look at my parts wanted thread when you get the chance and let me know if you happen to have some of the things I need, I am sure you have some of what I am looking for.

also what condition is the back seat in?

If I had the cash to offer you something on that 340 if you were looking to sell it I would be all over it lol.

I would love to put a 340 on the stand for a later date.

but I have plenty of other stuff to keep me busy for now...Ill pick one up someday

Hey Jerrod, remember that offer to go "Duster hunting"??? I got my whole team looking in the weeds of every house from here to Jackson...oops, thats your turf!!! Do you know Jim Adams from out on Root Station Rd.?? He had over 60 cars there at one time, including a 64 Max Wedge body, a couple other 64 Belvederes, a pro street Dart, and a host of Mopar cop cars!!! I don't know if he's still there, but he lived next to the party store on the corner of Root Stn. and 106!!! How about Messners junkyard on Baseline and Parman, he's got a really nice 70 something Duster sitting in the front yard that can be bought!!! Also a Dart Sport there too, and a 73 340 Roadrunner!!! Next time you're out that way, check on that Duster, it is a really nice body (6 cyl. car i believe) !!! Geof

The pictures make it look pretty rough, but how bad of shape is that engine in? Is it locked up? Just curious because I haven't seen anyone else claim it yet :)

Hmm. I noticed a J.B.Hunt strap across the nose of the car. Where did you get that? Just curious.
I worked at Hunt's headquarters for several years and now work about a half mile from there.

Hmm. I noticed a J.B.Hunt strap across the nose of the car. Where did you get that? Just curious.
I worked at Hunt's headquarters for several years and now work about a half mile from there.

The other half of MoBro Inc. is my brother (blu340dart), who has been truckin' for the better part of the last 30 years!!! He got the straps along the way somewhere. He is our eyes out there, always spotting cars and reporting back to HQ, coming up with the important info and stuff, and keepin' his little bro in line!!! He has been on the road constantly the past year or so, and he is only home on the weekends it seems, so we don't always have the man power here we should. We have a backlog of cars and parts to get to, and we will eventually, but right now our system is working as best it can!!! We always laugh when we get together that... "We're open late Sundays' to serve you better"!!! We're still looking for just the right guy's to play us in our commercials!!!LOL!!! Carry on all, Geof

Send me your email address and I'll send you about 100 pictures of reasons why this car will never see the road again. From the non-existent framerails to the non-existant crossmember to the... well, you get the picture. And yes, it has the original drivetrain. This car is way too far gone to save, you would have so much money invested just completely rebuilding the body that there would be no money left to redo everything else!!! Geof

Oh o.k., but you should still re-body it with a six cylinder or 318 car. Don't brake up a #s matching drive train & save the tags, body #s, and what ever other documents that goes along with the car.:)

Hey Jerrod, remember that offer to go "Duster hunting"??? I got my whole team looking in the weeds of every house from here to Jackson...oops, thats your turf!!! Do you know Jim Adams from out on Root Station Rd.?? He had over 60 cars there at one time, including a 64 Max Wedge body, a couple other 64 Belvederes, a pro street Dart, and a host of Mopar cop cars!!! I don't know if he's still there, but he lived next to the party store on the corner of Root Stn. and 106!!! How about Messners junkyard on Baseline and Parman, he's got a really nice 70 something Duster sitting in the front yard that can be bought!!! Also a Dart Sport there too, and a 73 340 Roadrunner!!! Next time you're out that way, check on that Duster, it is a really nice body (6 cyl. car i believe) !!! Geof

don't think I have heard of either of those guys.

I only know of a couple mopar people anywhere near here.

one guy lives in Parma and his name is Jeff and he has a 76? duster that has been sitting in the weeds for ever that he keeps saying ( I have plans for that some day) and he has his 71 demon (his baby) and he has an old B-body laying in the weeds gutted out.

and he has sheds stacked with engines and trannys and mopar parts galore....but he is the type that thinks as soon as he sells something he will need it so he just does not sell anything lol.

our local junkyard (jackson auto salvage) has ONE old mopar and its a 67 coronet (2 door I think) really nice interior by the looks of it, body looks pretty good, I think it has no wheels or tires or engine.

there was a guy out in adrian (cant remember his name or the name of the junk yard) but it was right off of springville HWY not to far from US-127 and he was a HUGE mopar freak....you walk into the building and there was metal mopar signs everywhere and he could tell you anything you needed to know about your mopar .... (sadly they were closed down last year by the IRS).

My neighbor has a couple of old mopars....not sure what exactly he would want for anything but he has a 74 gold duster that I think he wanted $2400.00 last I knew....it looked pretty clean from what I seen, was a metallic brown with tan top and tan stripes and tan interior.

he also has a 66 dart convertible.

a couple corvette, a 32 ford t-bucket, a 57 chevy and a 73? I think Javelin .....he restored the Javelin years ago for a guys kid who was graduating highschool and the kid did something and screwed up and the dad didnt think he deserved it any more so let my neighbor keep it....so it has been sitting fully restored outside for a few years but still looks pretty nice.

anyhow, sorry for rambling lol

Oh o.k., but you should still re-body it with a six cylinder or 318 car. Don't brake up a #s matching drive train & save the tags, body #s, and what ever other documents that goes along with the car.:)
so thats how guys like you justify the illegal swapping of VIN tags to another car, "re-bodying". lol. and i am sure you would put the car up for sale,and try to pass it off as the original car too............

Well, the buildsheet is in 1000 pieces, and the fender tag is rusted away except for the little corner under the screw. Re-body it?? Yea, the thought crossed my mind, but it would be so much work to get the motor running (locked up) for a car I'm not really interested in. We got this car to save it from where it's been for the last 25 years, rotting into the ground. This car will live on, but not in one piece, but instead offering parts to guys who need to better their cars with the parts it can offer. I have a lot of projects, and this car would be a mountain of work. I'm already deep in a hole with just buying the car, the $$$ it would take to buy another shell, redo all of the components and the time to completely rebuild this car would be so expensive it would end up being triple what the car would be worth. I'll be lucky to break even on this car when all is said and done!!! But hey, you all need parts and this car is a good source for that. I have today off, so anybody that requested parts will get a message from me regarding your inquiries. Thanks for your patience all, juggling work, parts, band practice and kids has got me at the wrong end of the candle!!! Geof

can you look at the k member and let me know if it's any good? My guess will be that it's rotten. I'm looking for a nice clean spool mount k member.

Well, the buildsheet is in 1000 pieces, and the fender tag is rusted away except for the little corner under the screw. Re-body it?? Yea, the thought crossed my mind, but it would be so much work to get the motor running (locked up) for a car I'm not really interested in. We got this car to save it from where it's been for the last 25 years, rotting into the ground. This car will live on, but not in one piece, but instead offering parts to guys who need to better their cars with the parts it can offer. I have a lot of projects, and this car would be a mountain of work. I'm already deep in a hole with just buying the car, the $$$ it would take to buy another shell, redo all of the components and the time to completely rebuild this car would be so expensive it would end up being triple what the car would be worth. I'll be lucky to break even on this car when all is said and done!!! But hey, you all need parts and this car is a good source for that. I have today off, so anybody that requested parts will get a message from me regarding your inquiries. Thanks for your patience all, juggling work, parts, band practice and kids has got me at the wrong end of the candle!!! Geof

O.K. it'll live on in its own way8) Some just have to be sacrificed to save others:)

I leave gas, tune up kit, a buffer and a warm garage open but nothing follows me home:angry7:
Thats because your doing it all wrong there 67. All you are attracting are the neighbors phords and chebbies that want to drink all your gas,eat all your oil,play with the tune up kit till its burned out,and park in your warm garage until its time to go home (dont forget drip in your floor dry). Now the real trick is to hook up an empty trailer to a Dodge Ram, splash on some Turbo Blue 110,and leave the straps loose and then see what happens:-D On the rebuild on this thing, no one in their right mind would attempt to bring something this bad back, man you think you have $$$ tied up in your project wait till you get the bill on this thing, then you will be in the hole about 15 grand you will never recover. Its a cool car yes but not worth saving. What it is good for is getting the original parts out to people who have saveable cars to make theirs better. Heck I have parted out way better cars than this,but many years ago when parts werent as readily available and the weak needed to be sacrificed. Do I regret it? yes but you do what you have to do when you have shallow pockets. And cosgig is right we have quite a few that we still need to pursue but we can only house so many.

Thats because your doing it all wrong there 67. All you are attracting are the neighbors phords and chebbies that want to drink all your gas,eat all your oil,play with the tune up kit till its burned out,and park in your warm garage until its time to go home (dont forget drip in your floor dry). Now the real trick is to hook up an empty trailer to a Dodge Ram, splash on some Turbo Blue 110,and leave the straps loose and then see what happens:-D On the rebuild on this thing, no one in their right mind would attempt to bring something this bad back, man you think you have $$$ tied up in your project wait till you get the bill on this thing, then you will be in the hole about 15 grand you will never recover. Its a cool car yes but not worth saving. What it is good for is getting the original parts out to people who have saveable cars to make theirs better. Heck I have parted out way better cars than this,but many years ago when parts werent as readily available and the weak needed to be sacrificed. Do I regret it? yes but you do what you have to do when you have shallow pockets. And cosgig is right we have quite a few that we still need to pursue but we can only house so many.

:toothy10: So true....

-
Back