heres mudd in your eye

-

waggin

moving on ain't easy if you drive a Ford :p
Reaction score
day started out as any other...air compressor threw a rod...so I make some calls see whoes using what and checkin prices for a replacement...gather up the steven unit and dodger for a trip to northern tool in ocala...then another call from Mr. Kinser needing a lil"extra help in the pit's at the ocala bullring racetrack...get to northern tool and find the compressor i want and then get steered towards a better one with better warranty for less and then the salesman slides my kid a 50$ off coupon for whatever compressor I choose...had fun loading that sucker up...had to lift the topper up off the truck to get it to slide in then off to the races...we get the new car all dialed in, got the high speed miss figured out, the cooling issue sheldon fixed during the week and he says if the old car is in one piece suit up and I can drive the non wing class by just removing the wings......and so it was...started on the tail in 18th with no practice or experience with non wing and only two previouse runs with the wing........Fifth place finish with only one ding in the car when I can get the video uploaded were goin for a scary ride....was scarier in the car...drove under a guy that was doing end over end flips ended up hitting me and I ended up doing a wheelie somehow....found out the car doesn't have any brakes now but went ahead and finished out the race....what an adrenaline rush

Attachments

• DSCF3319.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 310
  • DSCF3323.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 319
  • DSCF3324.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 333
  • DSCF3304.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 310
  • DSCF3305.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 318
  • DSCF3356.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 310
  • DSCF3358.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 325
Pretty cool.

Is that one of those new fangled Hemis in that car????

Did ya have to change your underwear after driving it without any brakes????

That must have been one heck of a ride without brakes....

Hope you had fun! "Steer right to turn left" LOL tmm

You are my hero Wagg's
Take life by the horns and keep the peddle to the metal type man..

Ok I am really really jealous and happy at the same time :D
Back in the day it would take me 4 hours to be able to shut my mind off after racing modified, Never had the chance to race sprints :blob: it takes some big nad's to get out there and :burnout:

Howdy Dodger :hello1:

Curtis,

Nice finish, especially for your first run. Congratulations!

Jeez Waggs I dont think you could dream of a better day than that can ya?? Congrats, give Dodger a belly rub from us!

Brakes we don't need any stinkin brakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man what a rush that must be. I am jealous even if I know my old body would not put up with it.

Now I am confused again. Thought the object of a race car was to go fast? Then what the hell do you need brakes for?

Now I am confused again. Thought the object of a race car was to go fast? Then what the hell do you need brakes for?

So you can stop after you win and pick up your trophy....

Then tell all the loosers, "Them's the brakes..."

So you can stop after you win and pick up your trophy....

Then tell all the loosers, "Them's the brakes..."

That's funny right there !!!! :D Wagg's sure had his hands full and made a great showing to make it up to the front, I would guess there is some drivers that hang there head down low when they see Waggs is going to be on the track :cheers:

Curtis I want to know one thing... Is that a Dr Pepper you have in your hand?

:thumbup: That looks like lotsa fun. Congrats on finishing anyhow w/o any brakes........I prolly would have chickened out and quit (bawk, bawk) LOL

Looking forward to the video 8)

I probably could have avoided the one ding I did get in the car if I had brakes...when you see the video you'll understand...then going into the pits idleing was scarier with all the people walking around not watching what they were doing. My computer will be home tomorrow so i'll be able to post the video....I was on the floor with the brakes when the guy landed on my roof bars....Race on!!!!!!!!!!!!

They knew you was going to be there Wagg's
so the other teams bought up all the Mt Dew :bball:

It takes some big arms to drive them Lil' thing's i need to get workin out to do that again and be better.I survived a lot of attrition on the track and kept going to the tail because of the brake issue....just bided my time and started learning the car each lap,i'm an asphalt racer so it's all new to me, I felt like i almost spun the car a few times and it felt like she was gonna go over a few times but my five minute tutorial said "when in doub't...Power out" so i put er to the wood.....Definately on my do that $hit agin list....may get another chance in two weeks and plenty of belly rub's for dodger he was wantin me to take him with...i'm not riskin my Lil' buddie so he'll have to cheer. QUOTE=memike;1969710170]You are my hero Wagg's
Take life by the horns and keep the peddle to the metal type man..

Ok I am really really jealous and happy at the same time :D
Back in the day it would take me 4 hours to be able to shut my mind off after racing modified, Never had the chance to race sprints :blob: it takes some big nad's to get out there and :burnout:

Howdy Dodger :hello1:[/QUOTE]

Just kept my eyes way ahead of me and looked for clean space to put the car, kept patient

Looking forward to seeing the video, wow what an experience :cheers: kept patient, that was an veteran move....

-
Back