Hey Guys - need a little help please !

-

68dartgtman

Reaction score
I had the headliner replaced on my 68 Dart Gt and the upholstery shop didn't cut the hole out for the dome light. I can feel the wire but don't know if that is exactly where to cut the headliner to fish out the wire & see where the holes are in the center brace to screw the dome light housing in.

Can someone who has a 68 dart with a center dome light measure the width & length of the center roof brace and also from the windshield to dome light so that way I can cut the headliner in the right place so I can attach my dome light please !!!

Thank you very much guys !

Mike

Or maybe not. The roof beam should have 3 ribs. Pre drilled holes for dome lamp in the forward and rearward. You'll need to decide if you want a little more lighting in the front or in the rear. I assume the rearward ( shown ) is the most common location for Dart. I would just start fishing with a keen sewing needle. Find one hole and the dome lamp will help find the other hole.

dome lamp.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you VERY VERY VERY much my friend RedFish ! now I can stop SPAZZING about cutting the hole in the wrong place !
thank you again !
Mike

Thank you VERY VERY VERY much my friend RedFish ! now I can stop SPAZZING about cutting the hole in the wrong place !
thank you again !
Mike
You're welcome. Identify the beams local with masking tape. Saves some forward rearward roaming. Have a sharpie or a screw handy when you catch a hole.

Did you find this? Measuring from the three holes for the visor/mirror mount, ignore the center hole. My domelight is mounted to the rear rib, The holes are exactly 27 inches back from the visor mount holes. (I should say, the wiring follows the rear rib, so I assume the light mounts there. The light is sitting in a box in my spare bedroom)
They are 1-13/16 apart, so 29/32 either side of the center should have you in the ballpark.
But you're probably already cruising the car around by now.

Last edited:
Did you find this? Measuring from the three holes for the visor/mirror mount, ignore the center hole. My domelight is mounted to the rear rib, The holes are exactly 27 inches back from the visor mount holes.
They are 1-13/16 apart, so 29/32 either side of the center should have you in the ballpark.
But you're probably already cruising the car around by now.

Hey RogerRamRod -
Thank you for the info ! I will be attempting to install the dome light this Saturday - Thank you very much - this really helps - and I wish I was cruising around in the car ! I still have some work to do but Hopefully by early Spring 17 I will be Cruising !!!!

-
Back