Hey guys

-

79 F250 BBF

Reaction score
Hey everybody

Just dropping in for a question, but I'm not sure where I should ask. Its about the fuel economy of dart. If someone could kindly point me to the right topic area, I would appreciate it

Thanks
Jameson

Welcome aboard Jameson! Along the top of every page you'll see a bunch of menu options. The "Search" key can be your best friend sometimes. It doesn't like short keyword terms (ie., 3 letters or less) or numbers very much.

As far as your personal fuel economy goes, whether you have a Slant 6 or small block is going to make a difference, as well as your carburetor, intake, exhaust and ignition variables. So be prepared to learn a bit about your car and do some research ... besides, it's a lot more fun if you dive in instead of sending it out somewhere. :-D

I would try under Mopar general discussions, or failing that, you could ask under performance issues.

Its a stock '73 dart swinger with 225 and auto trans, stock engine but straight pipes (glass packs are in the truck)

Next time you fill up (completely), zero the odometer. Next time you fill up (completely) record the odometer reading and the volume of gasoline you got. Divide later by former to get mpg, record in your log. Repeat many times and average. Also, verify your odometer against the interstate mileage markers next long trip and multiply by the ratio real miles/odometer miles. Some claim 30 mpg with a 225, but need good electronic ignition, well-tuned fuel, efficient tires and gearing, and a smart driver.

Welcome to FABO 79 F250 BBF!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• B3 Burnout.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 87
Welcome to FABO. I've heard somewhere around 19 - 22 MPG for a /6 before, but not sure how accurate that is. I got somewhere around 19 with a 273 in my 65 Valiant.

Put up some pictures of your 79 Ford and 72 Lincoln when you get a chance, as well as the 73 Dart.

-
Back