Hi and 67 Cuda Pan Clearance Question

-

JonathanI

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new here but not new to Mopars, although it's been a while :) (I owned a 68 cuda, 73 challenger and a beast of a ram charger).

I recently purchased a 67 Cuda Formula S. I didn't restore myself and opted to purchase one that was already restored. The car has a moroso high capacity oil pan in it, which just hangs too low for my liking. I tried using some thicker motor mounts and while it raised it up a bit and I have not hit anything, I think it's just a matter of time. It also leaks a bit so I've come to the conclusion I'd like to replace the pan. It is a 360 stroker motor, and I am thinking * don't know for sure that it has a hi capacity oil pump in it. So my question is should I just look for a stock pan and stock oil pump to replace or is there another option? I've read a ton of threads on that combination being a good option, I don't want to starve the motor of oil, and don't think I want to convert to a coil over just for the clearance / oil pan mod's (I have considered it). Comment's / suggestions?

IMG_4395 2.JPG

IMG_4659.JPG

If you raise (or lower) the front of the motor you change your pinion angle.

Treblig

Yes that is the one, they list a high vol pump in the "things you may want" section. I would call them. Mine came on the motor so I didn't have to figure it out. You may need their pick up.

Sorry, no that pan has a kick out. Just noticed. Mine is straight sided

See in the front where it goes back to verticle on the bottom. That verticle distance is how far it sits below k frame

-
Back