Hi I'm Mark

-

martinhd28

Reaction score
I'm rebuilding a late 70's 318 I was told 273 heads would bolt right on , anyone have any experience with this ? and does anyone have a set of 273 heads for sale ?

I'm rebuilding a late 70's 318 I was told 273 heads would bolt right on , anyone have any experience with this ? and does anyone have a set of 273 heads for sale ?

Is your 318 missing heads? The ones on it will be just as good or better than 273 heads. Btw HI:cheers:

Hey Mark, welcome to FABO. If you want to switch heads to the 273's you will need the 1966 and newer ones They have the proper intake bolt hole size and angle. The 273 heads do have a closed heart shape combustion chamber design whereas the 318 heads are open chamber (except for the famous #302 casting heads). The difference in compression can be a small increase in performance but hardly noticeable. There is hundreds of threads here on FABO about 318 builds and performance. Use the search function and set back and enjoy the ride. We can help. toolmanmike (moderator)

Thank you everyone ! I do have the original heads, would love to find an engine with a little more power I have 1978 318 :(

-
Back