high or low starter

-

1972 swinger

Reaction score
Hey everyone, First day member here!!!!!! but with a big question...i own 1972 dart swnger 225, and looking to upgrade it with duel carb, manifold and headers from clifford, but there are two different types of headers , one for a "low starter" and one for a "high starter". how can I tell the differance? Oh and yes this is my first MOPAR!!!!!! :) its an automatic

sounds more like one set is for a high torque mini starter, and the other is for a factory very large starter

the mini starters can be had at most junkyards off dakota/rams/ram vans from about 1989 on with v6 and v8 engines, for usually $15 there about 20lbs lighter and spin the engine quicker with less battery power

I'd upgrade the starter first, then you don't have to worry about if the headers will fit

sounds more like one set is for a high torque mini starter, and the other is for a factory very large starter

the mini starters can be had at most junkyards off dakota/rams/ram vans from about 1989 on with v6 and v8 engines, for usually $15 there about 20lbs lighter and spin the engine quicker with less battery power

I'd upgrade the starter first, then you don't have to worry about if the headers will fit
Thanks for the insight, but I think I posted my question wrong. I was looking for someone to explain to me how I could tell the differance between my engine having a high or low starter, because there are two types of headers and I need to order the ones that fit my type of starter location.....HELP

you should have a high starter.the lower ones mounted to a adapter plate .

You should have a high mount. High mounts are above the oilpan rail, low mounts are below.

Btw, dont buy directly from clifford. There customer service stinks and youre almost garunteed the shaft.

And welcome to the forum!

99.9 % of cars had the high location,Low mount was Trucks and Vans etc.

-
Back