High Pressure Steering Hose

-
The Edelman example looks closest to correct to me. In fact closer than what most local part stores offer. That delco hose is just strange looking.

Summit is giving me two different options for a new pressure steering hose. they look like they have different curvatures, any thoughts? 318 original motor and parts. Link below

https://www.summitracing.com/search/year/1971/make/dodge/model/dart/department/fittings-hoses/part-type/power-steering-hoses-and-lines?N=4294950315+4294951331+4294947955+4294951003+4294947360&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending
I would use a vendor that requires more info, like what kind of pump your car is using. Check Rock Auto for instance.They give you more specs for you to compare your original. Edelmann is what I use.
1971 DODGE DART 5.2L 318cid V8 Power Steering Pressure Hose | RockAuto

I hadn't even thought about the pump differences, brain fart.
Anything ordered from RockAuto that will ship from their Huston warehouse will be delayed ( I got email from them today concerning my order ).

I had a heck of a time finding a high pressure hose for my 39 340 Barracuda. I tried several sources. A few fit poorly, and a few did not fit at all. Then I found a local place that makes hoses. Many local garages have this place make all their AC and PS hoses for them. The hose they make for me looked great, fit great and has worked well for 20 years. So if you are not concerned about trailer queen originality, this would be an excellent option. The hose really does look great!

i just put one on my car, it wasn't identical to my old one, but the ends are aluminum or soft metal, i just took my time and with my hands was able to put the beds i wanted , and could take out the bends i didnt need, the clue is dont try to bend too fast in one place

-
Back