High Volume Water Pump

-

demon seed

The Original Demon Seed
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying and installing a high volume pump on the 383 and am wondering if anyone has experience with the change over as far as problems other than getting the right thermostat. Changing because the stock one has a seal leak and I need a little better cooling for idling around town, cheaper than a custom made fan shroud.

Looking at this one http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/brbhigvolwat1.html

Terry

I have a Flow Kooler hi-volume water pump on my 340, I also used a Milodon high flow thermostat, seems to work good.

I used a flow kooler aluminum water pump on my old 383 scamp with one of their thermostats, and it made a big difference at low speed! I'd say that one should work for you, also half the weight of the stock stuff.

check 440 source. they have a alum high volume pump/aluminum water pump housing package for a decent price.

I used a flow kooler aluminum water pump on my old 383 scamp with one of their thermostats, and it made a big difference at low speed! I'd say that one should work for you, also half the weight of the stock stuff.

Thanks Keith, where did you purchase that Flow Kooler at?

agre on the flowkooler and a tad bit of water wetter wont hurt either

Gimme a shout once ya got all the research done ,lol,,,I think i want one too terry

Gimme a shout once ya got all the research done ,lol,,,I think i want one too terry

No problem Jim, I'll talk to Mancini tomorrow and ask if that price includes the block gaskets and talk about a high flow thermostat. Flow Cool want 100 bucks for just the pump and the best price for the aluminum housing is Summit at 140 bucks so Mancini at 160 is a good price for the whole enchalada. Got to get a extended tranny pan from them to for 75 that holds 2 more quarts and maybe even the chrome one eh.

Terry

Terry
I'll sell you a slightly used extended pan and filter extension for a decent price - unless of course you want the chrome one that holds the heat in better !!

Just a quik note. Everyone I,ve talked to that have "Chrome" pans have problems getting them sealed up.

Terry
I'll sell you a slightly used extended pan and filter extension for a decent price - unless of course you want the chrome one that holds the heat in better !!

Thanks for the offer Leo, but I decided to go with aluminum.

Terry

-
Back