Highest flowing sbm heads?

-
Can you grow up and leave politics out of this thread? Thank you.
If you think everyone in California is a left wing lunatic then you need to get out of Kansas more.
The line through his name indicates he has been banned. Just until the first of October but hopefully he will cool off and think about what he is doing here.

All this stuff is mid 11’s compression and pump gas friendly.
mine isn’t, because I had my heads milled for a little extra compression because I like running 110.
The 6.08 motor is 11.6
compression dyno’ed on pump gas, had a 263@70 roller, 640 ish lift. He hasnt mentioned the cam size on the one that made 680, but I suspect it isn’t much bigger.
only 23 horse different, and the latest dyno mule has a better ring pack.
Thanks for the info. Thats great power, especially out of a standard offset head

I almost went down the Brodix road years ago, but Dustin Ward bought the engine. Believe it came out of Texas. Lots of cool parts, but a sub-par runner, just like most.

The line through his name indicates he has been banned. Just until the first of October but hopefully he will cool off and think about what he is doing here.

Line through his name? I don’t see a line through his name anywhere.

I almost went down the Brodix road years ago, but Dustin Ward bought the engine. Believe it came out of Texas. Lots of cool parts, but a sub-par runner, just like most.
I've never seen a Brodix headed small block Mopar that ran up to expectations, same for Trick Flows.

Line through his name? I don’t see a line through his name anywhere.
Well all I know is this thread got back to what I was hoping it would be in the first place so whatever happened seems to have worked.

From what I have learned, it seems to be down to these heads, in more or less descending order. All will require significant port work and parts to get really high flows (300+ cfm).

Eddie Victors
W8 (although I'm unsure about technical challenges of W8, with regard to lifter angles)
W2s
Bloomer
Trick flows

Indy or W5s seem to have a real history with casting problems so that would make me concerned about going that route. Seems risky.

Well all I know is this thread got back to what I was hoping it would be in the first place so whatever happened seems to have worked.

From what I have learned, it seems to be down to these heads, in more or less descending order. All will require significant port work and parts to get really high flows (300+ cfm).

Eddie Victors
W8 (although I'm unsure about technical challenges of W8, with regard to lifter angles)
W2s
Bloomer
Trick flows

Indy or W5s seem to have a real history with casting problems so that would make me concerned about going that route. Seems risky.
W8/9's on a 59 degree lifter angle block arent as bad as they are made out to be, they just take a bigger offset intake rocker than the standard w8/9. Im not certain of the exact offset but I believe it is .775. TD had them a few years ago at no greater cost than a standard W8/9 rocker. As far as power capability goes the W8/9's are at the top of the small block Mopar food chain, 1000 hp na at 410 - 440 ci are possible with them.

Eddie Victors
W2s
Bloomer
Trick flows

Indy heads aren’t bad unless you push it and get the 245’s. They really pushed the limit taking them out that big and should have used a different casting.

After getting my W5 back from its unsuccessful repair trip to Iowa it sat on my bench at work serving as a pen holder. A few years later an internet mopar friend in Florida wanted to take a swing at fixing it. This was the last picture I ever saw of it before it went to scrap.

View attachment 1716001640
Looks like a Chev head to me. J.Rob

Does anyone actually stock the Victors and necessary parts to run them?

I'll stick with my junk Indy's. My Dart has been 6.25 at a tick over 110 @ 3292# on pump 93.

Why does someone get banned for speaking the truth and then be antagonized for speaking such truth?

Why does someone get banned for speaking the truth and then be antagonized for speaking such truth?

You might have missed the vulgar posts he made just before he was banned. Don't assume he was banned for what is left to read, you can't see what he really got banned for.

BTW, using the truth like a hammer only communicated anger and violence and the truth gets missed. And this guy seems to often miss that no one can hear him through the noise he tries to communicate it with. IMO

It's the new American way. There is a clique of internet experts here who dogpile anyone who's opinions or views differ from theirs with no repercussions. This same group never show their work, kinda like new math.

I'll have to give '68cuda416 credit, he gets his stuff out and beats on it, plus he stands his ground. He may've gone a little over center, but when you have a bunch of lap dogs constantly yapping, I don't blame him.

Last edited:
It's the new American way. There is a clique of internet experts here who dogpile anyone who's opinions or views differ from theirs with no repercussions. This same group never show their work, kinda like new math.

I'll have to give '68cuda416 credit, he gets his stuff out and beats on it, plus he stands his ground. He may've gone a little over center, but when you have a bunch of lap dogs constantly yapping, I don't blame him.
I don't think speaking the truth, having a differing opinion or standing your ground are what gets you banned.

I don't think speaking the truth, having a differing opinion or standing your ground are what gets you banned.
I agree to a point. After having the same group pile on over and over I can see where one could lose his tact though.

I look at it as shop talk.
I've seen ball pean hammers thrown across the shop during discussion, one went right through the window. lol not once was one thrown directly at someone.
I think some just need to grow a pair.

I've seen ball pean hammers thrown across the shop during discussion, one went right through the window. lol not once was one thrown directly at someone.
I agree. It takes a pair to to keep it civil. Throwing the hammer is the easy way.

To me, there's a big difference between being brash, and being obnoxious to the point of derailing an entire thread. The point of this is for people to learn and share information. It's fine to disagree and even be brash but at some point the disagreement and brashness BECOMES the discussion and to me that's when it has gone too far. There's a big difference between shop talk and out and out insults and personal attacks.

Pretty sure there are things said on these forums that people wouldn't say in person, despite thrown hammers and such. People seem to lose track of the fact they are talking to other people and act as if others have no value.

I think the question for the thread was answered by page three.
After that most threads turn into banter.

Trying to get this thread back on track, what would you guys spec for a 700hp 416 ci pump gas build?

I still think the op should get a pair of Trick flows or better yet the Bloomer heads and rock it.
Pushing a stock block with W8's or 9's is not a wise decision.

Trying to get this thread back on track, what would you guys spec for a 700hp 416 ci pump gas build?
It's a cool idea in concept but to do it, naturally aspirated, would be a pretty significant feat. You need a lot of high end parts working together very well to get that kind of torque high up in the rpm range.

Now, under boost.... different story of course.

-
Back