Hobbies other than cars?

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
I'm sure we all have other hobbies outside of building cars. I think it would be cool to see what everyone else does with there time when they are not working on there awesome mopars. I have always been into building stuff so lately i have been building/refurbishing furniture. here are a few of my most recent projects.

the lamp i built from scrap sprockets. even wired it myself. ha ha ha

SSPX0102.jpg

the bench i made from an old twin headboard and footboard.

SSPX0115.jpg

this is the table i made into a half table for our tiny kitchen.

Untitled.jpg

the coffee table i built from scratch. just before powder coating.

SSPX0096.jpg

this is the bed that i built from scratch. took me 2 months and weighs 600lbs.

SSPX0176.jpg

Had a radio control nito boat last year, I still have it but yet to get it back running, needs some pop work repairs. It was fun but kept breaking down...I was running it in a 40 foot swimming pool and once it goes fast the waves get big and knock the heck out of it...was also a homemade boat that could had been built better, IMO.

I go bicycle riding to keep in shape, so much more enjoyable then jogging, IMO

well, I'm a diecast car collector, I enjoy riding 4 wheelers, I have N scale trains, and slot cars, although I have not messed with them in quite some time...I guess thats about it.

Guns -Big effin Guns -keep your little cap {hand} guns, looking at a Savage 10/110 BA in either the 338 Lapau or Win 300 mag , the Rem 700 just isn't doing it for me anymore lol

Pyro for me ...

Last new years (video shot from about 1/2 mile away)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-WqribtrOU&feature=youtu.be

Alternate view from 'Up Close' :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12cfHjCfgyc&list=UUWtKyKczgUHtPaFO4uM0wjg&index=1&feature=plcp"]NYE2011_PT1 - YouTube[/ame]

Part of the 4th in 2010 with a few friends
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH9jzHyyAzo&list=UUWtKyKczgUHtPaFO4uM0wjg&index=6&feature=plcp"]July 3rd_2010_Part2 - YouTube[/ame]

This year I'll be helping with a large city show on the 3rd/4th then having my own fun on the 7th then back to the car...

Does chasing your wife around the house counts as a hobby? :dontknow:

Electric guitar player/ collector. I'm a big Gibson Sg guy, but I have some serious needs for another Prs Se guitar!

Motorcycles, guns,some games and well just look at my signature :twisted:

Does chasing your wife around the house counts as a hobby? :dontknow:
Lol. It sure does. After 22 years, I still put in at least a mile a day.:glasses7: Oh and for My other Hobbies> I play my Bass guitar every day for at least 1 hour. 30 + years as a Bass player. Built a 6' Tall Linen Cupboard yesterday. I also build Bass guitars and sell them on Ebay. Here's my latest. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251095446047?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

My hobby: gardening. Pics of some of the gardens from this year.

Attachments

• 212.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 400
  • 229.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 426
  • 213.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 439
  • 209.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 409
Hey Robert you and Lisa sure have a green thumb. I hope to have a garden next year.

Electric guitar player/ collector. I'm a big Gibson Sg guy, but I have some serious needs for another Prs Se guitar!

I like a nice guitar or 6 myself too Rockerdude. My favorite at this time is a 68 Les Paul. Was my brother's working guitar for 40+ years until he gave it too me last year. But like guns and cars, I just can't seem to get enough axes. :glasses7:

Hey Robert you and Lisa sure have a green thumb. I hope to have a garden next year.

Get on that garden, Cliff!

Actually, those pics are only the veggie garden, the side bulb garden, and Sarah's little flower garden out back. When the roses are in full bloom again, I'll get pics up of those, especially the Chrysler Imperial.

Those pics don't include what the side garden looks like in the spring: daffodils and tulips; late spring with the iris's in bloom, and coming soon the glads. They also don't include Sarah's grapevines and rhubarb.

Here's the strawberries, though.

View attachment 227.jpg

View attachment 228.jpg

Two 55 gallon drums full of dirt with holes drilled in. As the strawberries shoot off runners I just drill more holes. Be another year or two and you won't even be able to see the barrels.

Fighting! Lol jk ive never been in a real fight in my life. but i am im in the process of learning brazilian jui jitsu, muay tai, and boxing. I think its a good thing to want to learn to fight for fun and excersise but not have the urge to fight for the hell of it if that makes sense? Also enjoy weight lifting, guns, building things, and making money ;)

My hobby: gardening. Pics of some of the gardens from this year.

I am a border line fanatic when it comes to veggie gardening ramenth. Pretty much exclusively grow the heirloom varieties. Was composting before it became "cool". The first thing I do when I get home from work (before even going in the house) is hit the gardens. It just calms me right down....my own sort of therapy.

Pat

Get on that garden, Cliff!

Actually, those pics are only the veggie garden, the side bulb garden, and Sarah's little flower garden out back. When the roses are in full bloom again, I'll get pics up of those, especially the Chrysler Imperial.

Those pics don't include what the side garden looks like in the spring: daffodils and tulips; late spring with the iris's in bloom, and coming soon the glads. They also don't include Sarah's grapevines and rhubarb.

Here's the strawberries, though.

View attachment 1714518731

View attachment 1714518732

Two 55 gallon drums full of dirt with holes drilled in. As the strawberries shoot off runners I just drill more holes. Be another year or two and you won't even be able to see the barrels.

We are having to get rid of some pesky bushes this year.

Guns, mainly revolvers, I've been playing the drums since I was 12 - I'm 44 now.
I have two vintage drum kits, a 1968/69 Rogers Red onyx kit that was a 4 piece but I added to it (once I started seeing Rogers Red Onyx drums on ebay in different sizes).
Also, I own a 4 piece '69 Ludwig blue sparkle kit that is my day to day kit I play.

younggun2.0 - Nice Work!

-
Back