Holley 3310: How to flatten the fuel curve

-

Baxter61

Reaction score
I have a Holley 3310 with a Pro-Form main body. Im asking in general how to do this but also because Im working on my app specifically. Im using my LM1 to tune. When I floor it from 3k in drive its about 12.2-12.4 AFR down low and leans to about 12.8 at peak RPM. I need to play with the actual AFR at the track to get it right, but I want to lean it out at the lower RPM while not affecting high RPM reading, essentially flatten the fuel curve. How do I do this? The main body has adjustable air bleeds and the secondary has a metering block instead of plate.

Try lowering the float level just a little. Crazy, but sometimes works.

Smaller PVCR, more jet. Lots of ways to alter the curve slightly.

It may be more of an issue with the emulsions which if they aren't adjustable, you might have an uphill battle

Here's a deal that may help understand some of the bleeds.
MainCircuitGraph.gif

It's fun using an LM and you can tear your hair out chasing a number... :) BTDT.

I know you are on moparts too... Member, "y07 a66", has a pretty long thread tuning a carb on his car. Lots of good info and has the potential to put you to sleep if not careful... LOL

Hmm, nice chart. I overlooked playing with the PVCR, I think thats where I need to go. I already know Im in an uphill battle cuz its not an ideal setup, just trying to make it work best as it can.

-
Back