Holley bypass fuel press regulator.What Gives??

-

340Duster247

Reaction score
my fuel system is acting weird. I can't seem to get psi any lower (at idle) then 7.5 psi. And it cranks up to 14 if I tighten in on reg. It's a bypass system. Regulated after the carb. I've pulled apart the regulator and nothing looks wrong. Diaphragm look fine.
I pulled the pump and cleaned internals. lol good there

I run a black Holley pump. -8 all the up front to a block. -6 to fuel log/carb and -6 back to tank.

Problem 2. When I blip the gas wot for a sec when driving. Fuel pressure drops to 3 psi. Is this normal. Haven't tried a full wot pull yet.

You might want to regulate it before the carb.
Acceleration works directly against fuel pressure, so if the regulator is acting strange it could totally screw with your pressure under acceleration.
Also keep in mind that if you have a return system it gets accelerated when you nail it effectively causing some vacuum on the main fuel supply, and could also explain your low pressure when you get on it.

I'm sorta dealing with an issue along these lines myself.
I have all new nylon 12 EFI lines running up and back for supply and return and I have 2lbs at the carb sitting still.
What do you think is going to happen when I nail it? :D (probably not just better fuel mileage) LOL

Problem is, the rotory vane Carter electric I have gets louder as you restrict it at the return to up the pressure, so I have to pick a not so happy medium.

Anyway, move your regulation to before the carb and see what that does.

-
Back