Holley Double Pumper Question(s)

-

340inabbody

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am not very familiar with Holley’s and carbs for that matter. I am in the process of getting my 340 running again but have some questions on my carb.

Is the lever with the black spring that I am pointing to connected to the throttle linkage the secondary throttle body control?

IMG_1884.jpeg

Yes, after the primaries open a bit, the lever pulls the secondary throttle plates open. Then the fun starts.

Your missing the rear set screw.

Your missing the rear set screw.
Is there a decent parts diagram that can identify that rear set screw? I don’t know where or what screw that is.

Also the idle set screw doesn’t engage and there must be a reason. It is like it’s 3/8 too short but I know that it’s not. Does the carb need something to bring the idel set point farther up or something?

Is there a decent parts diagram that can identify that rear set screw? I don’t know where or what screw that is.

Also the idle set screw doesn’t engage and there must be a reason. It is like it’s 3/8 too short but I know that it’s not. Does the carb need something to bring the idel set point farther up or something?
1714856011984.png

Yup the AF set screw now I know what you’re talking about! Thanks! It was in there must never been set right bc it must have fallen out….
Pretty sure there should be a cork O ring that goes on/in with the screw

#oldmanmopar

1714856441636.png

P

Last edited:

Look into the hole really good. A lot of them have the hole but it's not finished and drilled all the way through.

Yeah, if it's a 2-corner idle deal, it won't have idle mixture screws on the secondary side. Pretty easy to tell if you look at it closely.

edit - or you can look up the list number to see if it's supposed to have 2- or 4-corner idle adjustment.

Here are some pics

IMG_1893.png

IMG_1894.jpeg

IMG_1895.jpeg

Looks like this model is a 4 corner adjustment and indeed mine fell out while handling it prior to installing it. From Holley’s web site.

I forgot to mention your throttle linkage is fine. You only need the aftermarket lever if you can’t get the kick down linkage hooked up, if you even use it.

Welp I can’t get a paper clip more than .25” in the hole so it looks like it’s not a four corner after all.

Can you guys help me understand the other issue I am having?

Are you saying the curb idle screw is all the way in and it’s still not hitting the lever??

If that’s the case something is holding the throttle open.

The other issue I am having is the that the throttle is not making it to the throttle stop screw. No where near it actually.

IMG_1897.jpeg

It’s not any of the cables or linkages as I have disconnected them all. Still will not hit the throttle stop screw which is turned in all the way.

image.jpg

-
Back