Hood pin location

-

Shoestring

Reaction score
I have seen different threads on hood pin locations, most are just in front of hood bumpers.
My car does not have the hole/cut out in front
What is the measurment of the rectangular cut out? Thanks

IMG_3467.JPG

My mistake, pics are from '72 Demon which had factory holes for the pins and underside of hood.
Yote

These picture were supplied by other members,
IM000738.jpg
pins.jpg

I have seen slight variations in these from exactly in front of the hood bumper to very slightly inward.
I only have my 75 duster nowadays, and have never seem anything to suggest a factory hood pin location on any 73-76 dusters I've seen. Which won't affect you.
Note the cut out to enable access to tighten the pins, also factory duster pins had a special nut to make installation easier, reasonably priced reproductions are around.

These picture were supplied by other members,
View attachment 1715093811 View attachment 1715093812
I have seen slight variations in these from exactly in front of the hood bumper to very slightly inward.
I only have my 75 duster nowadays, and have never seem anything to suggest a factory hood pin location on any 73-76 dusters I've seen. Which won't affect you.
Note the cut out to enable access to tighten the pins, also factory duster pins had a special nut to make installation easier, reasonably priced reproductions are around.

Thanks for the info, I got a stainless steel set from Dale's Cuda shop for Dusters.
Very good quality.

-
Back