Hood scoops and the rain?

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
I was thinking about a 6 pack scoop for my 73 but I live in Seattle. What do you guys do about rain? Wont it get in the scoop and on or in the motor?
The hood on my 53 merc pick up has about 100 louvers in it and Im kinda worried about it once I get it on the road. I drive my cars every day rain or shine!

look at a factory six pack hood car. there are little 'gutters' almost in the setup with hoses that drip the water off to the side of the motor. shouldn't be that hard to do something like that. you'll be better with a sealed aircleaner to the scoop and having small holes in the bottom drain to somewhere..

i use plastic shower caps to cover my scoop, but i dont think you could use the same for the six pack scoop, but you sure can try something...

DSC03032.jpg

You could get some dense foam from the hardware store....mold or cut it to fit and glue a piece of plastic to the back and make a plug for it......I have been thinking about making one up for my 6-pack scoop to plug it up when I have the car on the trailer.

I made my own plugs for my scoop. Used foam cut slightly
larger than the openings. Covered them with black duct tape,
the good kind. I just keep them under the seat just in case.
It was cheap and simple.

-
Back