Hood Scoops, Help!!!!!!!!!

-

cpthowdy1369

Reaction score
HEY GUYS, I'M TRYING TO ATTACH THE HOODSCOOPS TO MY HOOD BUT THE HOOD WASNT MADE FOR THE HOODSCOOP OPTION. THAT MEANS THERE ARE NO HOLES PREDRILLED NOR ARE THER ANY SORT OF MARKINGS THAT WOULD TELL YOU WHERE TO DRILL THE HOLES TO MOUNT THE SCOOPS. THE SCOOPS LOOK LIKE THE ONES IN MY PICTURE THERE
<------- DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE MEASUREMENTS ARE FOR PROPER HOOD SCOOP PLACEMENT? :sad1:

On top !!! :read2:

Sorry but I could not resist.
I am searchin for scoop location's now. :thumbup:
I guess the xmas party last night has not wore off yet

what year duster,dart are we lookin at for hood scoop's

mybe some one can help with this I can not find a spec sheet on how to install Sorry :salute:

1972-Plymouth-Duster-340-blue-5555.JPG

it's a 70 duster but i'm putting the twin-but-seperate hoodscoops on it. i think the scoops were most common on a dart gt or a coronet superbee. :banghead:

yup those are them, thanks for trying anyway. any one out there have a duster with these hood scoops on it? would anyone with these hood scoops measure the distance from the edge of the hood closest to the windshield to the edge of the scoop. and then measure from the side of the hood to the edge of the scoop and let me know what the measurements are? i do appreciate your help.

From outside scoop to outside scoop the measurement is 39 1/4".
The outside of each scoop is 13" from the fender.
Front of the scoop is 23 3/4" away from the front of the hood.
And the inside of the scoops are16 3/8" apart.
Let me know if you need clarification or more measurements. :thumbup:

go to the archives
search for hood scoops, there are several
threads with info.

Yes,I did see that Mrmopartec, :thumbup: but it look's like someon sold him two right side scoop's to me. :tool:
good eye

memike said:
Yes,I did see that Mrmopartec, :thumbup: but it look's like someon sold him two right side scoop's to me. :tool:
good eye
thats what i was just gonna say hmmm, man that blue duster looks awesome :thumbup:

demon_kyle said:
From outside scoop to outside scoop the measurement is 39 1/4".
The outside of each scoop is 13" from the fender.
Front of the scoop is 23 3/4" away from the front of the hood.
And the inside of the scoops are16 3/8" apart.
Let me know if you need clarification or more measurements. :thumbup:

ok, i went by the measurements here, and the scoops were waaaay off. they were way to far towards the windshield.

are there a-body scoops and c-body scoops? maybe i got the wrong ones?

are you sure it's 23 3/4" thanks for your help

Guys,

I'm trying to find the same information and from moving the scoops about on the hood, it looks like 13 3/4" would be more like it. Is that 23 inch dimension just a typo? Also, is it to the front of the bezel? Or to the body of the scoop itself?

-
Back