Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my HOOD TACH, it's a DIXCO TACH

I have seen them on ebay

MOPAR CHARLIE

Attachments

• _DSC5276 mopar charlie's dart.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 229
HONESTLY....I have been to Woodward cruise since it started and I was a gear nut back in the day......I have honestly NEVER seen a Mopar with a hood tach anywhere till the picture above...... HOOD TACH to me has always been a PONTIAC thing...seen loads of them on Pontiacs, not one on a Mopar....saw them in the parts bins at MOPAR parts but there was only like 3 in the whole eastern half of the US parts inventory...... for some reason they never really took off...... those with Dusters who were mistaken for NOVA'S have a far better chance of being mistaken for a NOVA with a hood tach since there were so very very very few ever put on Mopars

dixco sold them under the hustle program? i think. with the mopar star on it, ford used the same tach with a ford logo. I do not think they were ever factory installed, Maybe on the mexican superbee

the early dixco tach had a full white lettering, later ones had red green and yellow like mine i have on the amx. I found mind n.o.s on ebay and offered the guy a 100 bucks shipped before any bids. Last n.o.s. one i saw sell was over 400 bucks

heres my pics
i took mine and found a old amc hat pin, cut the post off and glued it on
S5001744.jpg
[/IMG]
amxwhite003-1.jpg
[/IMG]
amxwhite004-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Agreed, it was mostly a Pontiac thing.

However, I think its cool, especially on the back of the D/S scoop on the Mexican Super Bees. I am not into aftermarket gauges whatsoever. Since I am converting to stick, I NEED a tach, even though I have a rev limiter. When I had the auto, I had a governor weight set for 6k, so no need for a tach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back