hood vents

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
Any of u guys ever put hood vents in a fiberglass hood ? I have a tremendous amount of underhood heat. Even w/ the headers , and comlete exhaust wrapped. Just running on the edge of overheating-almost. thinkin a nice looking pair on each side of the 6 pack scoop would help tremendously, but don`t want rivet on cheazy looking ones.

Any of u guys ever put hood vents in a fiberglass hood ? I have a tremendous amount of underhood heat. Even w/ the headers , and comlete exhaust wrapped. Just running on the edge of overheating-almost. thinkin a nice looking pair on each side of the 6 pack scoop would help tremendously, but don`t want rivet on cheazy looking ones.
ive done it, are you wanting to fully glass them in to make it look like it came from the manufacturer that way or screw/bolt in?

I have hood vents on my fiberglass hood. I got the Jeep tj aluminum ones that I Recesed in the hoood and riveted them on haha . I think it looks pretty good and I do like rivets . I'll post a picture later .

I have hood vents on my fiberglass hood. I got the Jeep tj aluminum ones that I Recesed in the hoood and riveted them on haha . I think it looks pretty good and I do like rivets . I'll post a picture later .
cool, like to see them .. probably rivet on, but want to paint them hood color, so they look like they belong.

what about fender vents, like the fireturds used to have?

Wasn't this just covered a couple weeks ago?

Wasn't this just covered a couple weeks ago?
have looked at fender vents, have not come up w/ anything that would look like it belonged.________last post> if so , I missed it ! I was tinkering around yesterday, and found the rubber seal on the bottom of my 3 1/2" air filter is kinda melting. The 28" crossflow is doing a pretty good job, I`d say. > mech.17" fan w/ shroud, and a pusher in front, set to come on at 200. Thinking I need those hood vents for sure now.

I ran into this problem with my Corvette after doing some mods. I removed the weatherstrip seal at the rear of the hood to cowl junction, and it improved things noticeably. Have not vented that hood yet, but I'm considering it.

Garry

IMG_0537 (Medium).JPG

I ran into this problem with my Corvette after doing some mods. I removed the weatherstrip seal at the rear of the hood to cowl junction, and it improved things noticeably. Have not vented that hood yet, but I'm considering it.

Garry

View attachment 1715079371
they make some really neat vents for the corvette bodies. Mine will have to be flat I`m thinking.

It's a bit more work but it avoids cutting in hood vent - my buddy used a couple of those marine evac air fans to pull air out and down near back of fender wells. He said it works great in stop and go/slow traffic. Just hooked them up with relay and switch.

Looking at this with wife's 57 chevy. Really don't want to cut hood.

It's a bit more work but it avoids cutting in hood vent - my buddy used a couple of those marine evac air fans to pull air out and down near back of fender wells. He said it works great in stop and go/slow traffic. Just hooked them up with relay and switch.

Looking at this with wife's 57 chevy. Really don't want to cut hood.
I don`t have the room for anything like that, my engine compartment is full up w/ the 440/505 wedge and raised port heads , 2" headers, big alum, rad., w/ shroud. I even have to run a short mopar filter.

Cuda.jpg

What about something like this? They look fairly flat.

View attachment 1715080002

What about something like this? They look fairly flat.
looking at anything and everything. Best looking thing so far are bilge vent covers for a boat, of all things ! Found some nice looking s.s. screen type hood vents, but they would look kind ''add on", and are $200 for a pair. still lookin.

I don`t have the room for anything like that, my engine compartment is full up w/ the 440/505 wedge and raised port heads , 2" headers, big alum, rad., w/ shroud. I even have to run a short mopar filter.
Ah. Gotcha.

-
Back