Hopeing for a 7.2 pass this friday! (wish me luck )

-

JoeDust451

Reaction score
If the weather holds i'll be going back for some 7.2s @ 96-97 mph hopefully, my last outing i pilled it 55N/63F, lifting momentarily it went 7.54 @ 94 on a 1.75 60ft., i threw away a solid 7.4 pass, plus i could have gotten into it sooner for a better 60ft. i'm sure, this is on pump 91 & 30* timing/stock plugs, i'm installing 1 heat range colder plug, i'll narrow up the gap, drop in a mix of 105, then install the 63N 71F pills & cross my fingers the tires hold & nothing breaks of coarse, my real goal is 7.0s @ 98 in this mild 360, now i'm only shifting at 5100, i'm sure i'll surprize a few 8).

I drive 100 miles round trip for these outings.

best of luck to you Joe. I hope it does not rain you out though because it is raining cats and dogs here right now. I hope to take my car there next Friday night. so if you show up don't blow my doors off to bad please lol.Mopar65:cheers:

That's a fat nitrous tune up.

Why not try monte's suggestion?

Good luck with it. I loved running juice on my cars and soon will be again!

Good luck man.

The only thing I didn't like about running nitrous was that you never get any credit for running a good number on the bottle. Everyone's like "oh well, you're spraying it." as if you can magically run any number you choose just because you've got a nitrous kit.

Thanks guys, i was wondering if anyone was going to respond lol, Cracked, i know i'm on the fat end, but it runs VERY good like this, doesn't cough black smoke or miss a lick, just pulls like a MF, i even fattened up the carb to a 72 primary jet too, thats fat for a 650dp, i went back to a 70/76 like i had it, I'm installing a colder plug (1 heat range), i could pill it 63N, 55F, or even 61N, 55F instead of 63N, 71F. I gained a solid 10 MPH in the 1/8 with 55N, 63F.

Steve, yeah i know what you mean, but most guys anymore have power adders, I know its nice seeing cars on the bottle, Last week (before i ran a nitrous run) i had 2 guys comes chat with me & were very impressed with the car, even running crappy 8.2s.

Bobby, Don't think my little 360s going to tear up your car, but it'll get your attention i'm sure lol, i hope to see you next week, thats the "Street machine" shootout, i'm going Fri. night, or Sat if fridays rained out, i was going to enter in the "mean street" class, but i don't think i'll pass tech for the 7.0 index (no rollbar), so i'm going as a spectator, i'll be looking for you, are you racing your car??

Thanks guys, i was wondering if anyone was going to respond lol, Cracked, i know i'm on the fat end, but it runs VERY good like this, doesn't cough black smoke or miss a lick, just pulls like a MF, i even fattened up the carb to a 72 primary jet too, thats fat for a 650dp, i went back to a 70/76 like i had it, I'm installing a colder plug (1 heat range), i could pill it 63N, 55F, or even 61N, 55F instead of 63N, 71F. I gained a solid 10 MPH in the 1/8 with 55N, 63F.

Steve, yeah i know what you mean, but most guys anymore have power adders, I know its nice seeing cars on the bottle, Last week (before i ran a nitrous run) i had 2 guys comes chat with me & were very impressed with the car, even running crappy 8.2s.

Bobby, Don't think my little 360s going to tear up your car, but it'll get your attention i'm sure lol, i hope to see you next week, thats the "Street machine" shootout, i'm going Fri. night, or Sat if fridays rained out, i was going to enter in the "mean street" class, but i don't think i'll pass tech for the 7.0 index (no rollbar), so i'm going as a spectator, i'll be looking for you, are you racing your car??

well crap looks like i might not be racing my car then ether.I do not have a roll bar in my car. so is the track finally teching cars like they should be? I ask this because last year when i went to the track which was only one time. the track tech guy walked up to me as i just got my car unloaded. took my tech card and put my number on the windshield of my car and said have a great time.but if i go i should be able to get one or two passes before they kick me off the track lol what kind of rules do the mean street class have? i mean can you run with out mufflers etc? Joe if i do decide to go i will pm you. I don't know if you have seen a pic of my new engine but here it is.I hope to run some mid to low ten second passes. thanks and sorry for high jacking your post.thanks Bobby8)

Bobby, i would still come anyways, there opening the gates at 8:00 am for Fri., open racing from 1:00 pm too 5:00 pm, 1st. round of qualifing at 7:00 pm, even if you get a couple passes in, you'll still have fun watching the event if all else fails, its the big event with the Nitrous cars, Pro Mods, Jet car, True 10.5 & True street, Plus Scott Palmer will run his Top Fuel Dragster, its a hell of a show, The guys that own the track now are Neil Chance & the gang from Neil Chance Converters, You can always make 1/8 mile pass, Now if your running slicks, you "cannot" run the 1/4 mile, only the 1000ft. or 1/8 just in case you didn't know, i would really like to see the car run & BS, here is a link to the event.

www.ozarkdragstrip.com

Bobby, i would still come anyways, there opening the gates at 8:00 am for Fri., open racing from 1:00 pm too 5:00 pm, 1st. round of qualifing at 7:00 pm, even if you get a couple passes in, you'll still have fun watching the event if all else fails, its the big event with the Nitrous cars, Pro Mods, Jet car, True 10.5 & True street, Plus Scott Palmer will run his Top Fuel Dragster, its a hell of a show, The guys that own the track now are Neil Chance & the gang from Neil Chance Converters, You can always make 1/8 mile pass, Now if your running slicks, you "cannot" run the 1/4 mile, only the 1000ft. or 1/8 just in case you didn't know, i would really like to see the car run & BS, here is a link to the event.

www.ozarkdragstrip.com

wow that is cool that somebody famous bought the track. Did they own it last year? because last year they let us run the 1/4 with slicks etc. but if i go next Friday i will be using M/T 275/60/15 ET street radials. also for got i will have to see hoe much money i have left over from mmw Saturday. so if i dont make it next Friday i will be shooting for the 24th. best of luck to you to night joe if you go to the track.thanks Bobby8)

All didn't go well last friday night, i changed plugs to what i "thought" was 1 step colder (3924 to a 3923), shouldn't have listened to the dickhead at O'Reilly's, come to find out its 3 steps colder, the car ran like **** NA, couldn't figure it out, so i only made 1 pass & called it quits, I need to find a plug thats 1 step colder then a 3924 Autolite.

All didn't go well last friday night, i changed plugs to what i "thought" was 1 step colder (3924 to a 3923), shouldn't have listened to the dickhead at O'Reilly's, come to find out its 3 steps colder, the car ran like **** NA, couldn't figure it out, so i only made 1 pass & called it quits, I need to find a plug thats 1 step colder then a 3924 Autolite.

Joe you in Wichita? Just curious didnt see this post til now and was out watching races Sat. night.

Troy

Why do you need one step colder than the 3924 Autolite? Are you hitting it with more than 200?

Why do you need one step colder than the 3924 Autolite? Are you hitting it with more than 200?

No, maybe the 150 pills 63N, 71F, I installed a fresh set of 3924s & the cars back on track 8), I don't think i'll change plugs with even the 150 shot, they seem to be holding up very well as is, i'll just run alittle 110 & take out timing. Like before, when i hit it with the 55N, 63F pills it was specacular on how it felt, & to boot i jetted the carb up with 72/76 jets, it was on the fat side & still made a very clean run, i knew it was overkill but it didn't miss a lick, now i've jetted back to 69/74, about 6% richer then factory, I think my 60fts are back on track too, i'll bet with a few runs it should go a 7.3 @ 95 with the smaller pills & still run on pump gas if i wanted, thats with the timing at 30*. The air is getting much better now around here, falls starting to settle in.

-
Back