Horse power guess

-
Upgrade the intake valves to 1.88 and more lift on the cam, 275 hp might be realistic

After seeing what was done to the heads I think your on par with a 73 340 which ain't a bad place to be. Your heads probably flow the same as 1.88 j's, your intake unless gasket matched flow a little less, a little less cam but CR and headers probably make up the difference. Add some 3.55 and you'll have a fun car.

I'm always more interested in what it puts to the rear wheels. If you see more than 200@the wheels you'll have a fun car to drive. I don't, or, I wouldnt expect to see any big numbers. Does this thing have headers? 318 heads, if you didn't do much to the exhaust port, you didn't fix it's biggest problem, exhaust. Cam is fairly small. Slight bump in compression, a couple of cubes, every bit helps. Don't be surprised if a chassis dyno reads 215 or less. I have a teen that is a bit more aggressive than the one you have and would be happy as a pig in **** if the chassis dyno said 230, but I wouldn't expect more than that. 230 to the tires is a fun car ( A body). Maybe I'm just tired and grouchy? Spent the day polishing the wheels on my F-450.

210-215 hp @ rear wheels with that smaller cam. 320-325 ft-lbs of torque at the crank. It should run nicely in an A body have good low end twist.

The torque curve,should be good... (I bypassed the first 25 posts,you really never commented,on what you wanted out of it....) 260-280 flywheel H.P....(Take a look,at 318willruns 500 dollar 318 thread....)

-
Back