hot/cold control cable

-

SirDan

Reaction score
mine broke so im trying to swap it out.

i got it off at the controls but i cant figure out any good way to get to the other end. also how is it clipped on at that other end? this is an a/c car. any tips, tricks, advice or pictures would help ALOT.

Mine is a non-a/c, and these pics suck a little, but you should be able to see the clips. There is one round one over the rod for the heater door, and one clip on the bracket rivited to the heater to hold the cable in place.
The clips on the brackets have a screw in them and if you take that out they pop off easily, but I am not sure if you will be able to get to them w/o taking the heater out.

DSC04026.JPG

DSC04028.JPG

You may need to take the glovebox linner out.

There should be a round clip with curled edges that grip to the post the cable is attached. I used a needle nose pliers and 'worked it off' by moving it clockwise then counterclockwise and lifting it uward at the same time...I guess you can say twisting it back n forth and lift. My car non a/c so I imagine that yours is a bit more challenging. Yes, I too removed the glove box liner. I'll be posting a similar problem soon.

ZooKypr

this is driving me NUTS!! i got the clip to pull off the flapper door thing but i cannot for the life of me figure out how the clip that holds the cable covering in out. it has like two tabs on either side of the cable and this odd ring thing connecting them. i just cant figure out how to get it off. a/c cars suck to work on.

That clip over the cable sheathe hooks over one side then snaps down on the other side. The side to lift ahs a hole for a screw just incase that little finger breaks off. You can poke a small screw driver under it to pop it off but it may take off , never to be found again. When it goes back on it sets the travel of the door per the length of sheathe beyond the clip. Hope this helps.

-
Back