Hot Rod Garage 71 Demon

-
It's obvious it was stored 18 years in a closed building after a decent paint job - and I wish they would have been a bit more forthcoming with that - but I'm glad they did this episode.

Just right for the fellows who may love the hobby, but need a bit of help when it comes down to getting a half-decent budget beater running.

Sounds as if he could benefit from a 1.8hp starter though (perfect if you prefer the Mopar reduction gear whine over the mini-starters). Even though the Optima yellow top wasn't too healthy, it sounded pretty weak on cranking.

-Kurt

It's obvious it was stored 18 years in a closed building after a decent paint job - and I wish they would have been a bit more forthcoming with that - but I'm glad they did this episode.

Just right for the fellows who may love the hobby, but need a bit of help when it comes down to getting a half-decent budget beater running.

Sounds as if he could benefit from a 1.8hp starter though (perfect if you prefer the Mopar reduction gear whine over the mini-starters). Even though the Optima yellow top wasn't too healthy, it sounded pretty weak on cranking.

-Kurt
I`m more impressed w/ his garage he had it stored in ! not a demon fan anyway .

i'll take a green demon over no demon
True I would take one Covered in Dog S##T over no Demon lol but the Green looks like that Fluorescent green you buy at the Hardware store To Paint Your mailbox with So it is more visible.

He announced on instagram that it's getting a QA1 Stage 3 suspension. He's got that busy 6-link rear end mocked up already as of last week.

I think it looks good overall,but sure could get rid of the black engine bay.

You guys are pretty picky about a black engine bay (lol). I think the car, and the episode was nice.

What is wrong with green?

its not EL5

but I will give you this...its not easy being green

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ZxxHbJGbY"]The Muppet Show: Kermit - "Bein' Green" - YouTube[/ame]

Neat car. Looks mint for 18 years of sitting. Anyone else notice he didn't follow the torque sequence taking the carb off? Big no no in my world.

Agree with OP. I thought from the thumbnail that the green was just off from the floursescent light but it turns out it was that nasty hue.

Liked the episode, though. I wish he'd talked a little bit more about what to do _before_ storing a car, though. But I guess that wasn't the topic.

Thought it was an awesome video. It's neat seeing an A body get some love. Which is why I'm also on this site.

-
Back