How best to handle this Rust?

-

Tacfire11

Strike Hard, Strike Deep
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend the best way to treat this rust out? Thanks again to everyone on the Forum for all their great input! :thumbup:

Artillery016.jpg

Artillery037.jpg

Artillery038.jpg

Thanks again......

Pat

I AGREE! with a donor piece, or some bending skills, a mig welder and a grinder you can fix er right up!

2-12-04%203.jpg

2-12-04%206.jpg

2-12-04%208.jpg

Great pictures.... If you lived close to Philly I'd definitely like to look you up and ask for your advise... :)

Woooo, OK, I'm just south of the Airport, so maybe when I get her road worthy I can bring her on a road trip.

I have to cut the rust out this winter, but right now I just want to run it. Maybe all of us in the Philly area could get together and go on a cruise. I'm about 45 min west of Philly in Douglassville.

I have a brother in Douglasville witha 68 Satellite Conv. original 383 car. Im in Harleysville with a 72 340 Duster. How about cruisin Pottstown?

I can't tell you how great it is to know that there are so many Mopar guys this close. Would really link to try and link up, and meet. Hopefully, if all goes as Planned, I'll have the Dart ready by Winter, and ready for a run in the Spring.

Thanks....

Pat

I missed the Pottstown show last weekend because my F@*$'n alternator took a dump and Powermaster :cussing: is taking their good old time rebuilding it, but I'd be up to cruising High street anyday.

well, theres a few shows I help run around SJ that ya might be interested in...

berlin nj aug 19th - berlin chrysler plymouth mopar show...100 mopars

sept 9th atco nj Mopar Car B Que, 250+ mopars
www.moparcarbque.com
comon down....!

^%$#.... It's always my luck, every date falls exactly on the weekends I have duty with the Army. I'll be up at the Morristown Armory, since I live in Philly, I'll see if I can slide out alittle early and drive down.

Thks...

What did you get your scrap metal from? older fenders from a junkyard?

Luckily, the Drivers Door was crunched. So I bought a new door from a guy who has alot of Dart Parts. No I peeled (cut) the skin from the old crunched door, and bent (formed) this to match. I'm also heard that .30 Sheet Metal works. However, I think there is a differnce between the original metal (door skins are really sturdy :)...)

Pat

wow i didn't realize you guys were that close... we definatley have to get together... it only takes about 20-30 minutes for me to get to the air port...

06-berlin-flyer.jpg

q2006_flyer.jpg

I'm on duty this weekend with the New Jersey Army National Guard, I'm the First Sergeant of the unit (3rd Bn, 112th Field Artillery, Morristown, NJ). How far is ATCO from Morristown? Any idea?

If I can break free early I'll try and stop by. I have some Soldiers who also may be interested.

Pat

berlin and atco are next to eachother, they are in camden county.

both have good burnouts when everyone leaves... deinately worth the trip

Tacfire11 said:
I'm on duty this weekend with the New Jersey Army National Guard, I'm the First Sergeant of the unit (3rd Bn, 112th Field Artillery, Morristown, NJ). How far is ATCO from Morristown? Any idea?

If I can break free early I'll try and stop by. I have some Soldiers who also may be interested.

Pat

here ya go.. mapquest this zip code 08009

so should we be looking for a bunch of guys in fatigues??

-
Back