How do I convert from single to dual master cylinder?

-

65goldcuda

@65_Cuda w/408/727/Dana 60
Reaction score
Are there any good sources of plug and play type parts or kits that would allow me to upgrade from the single "suicide" master cylinder to a dual master cylinder for my 65 Cuda? I searched this forum and could not find anything that directly deals with this issue. Here is what I have..

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 260
First call the RAM MAN and talk to him. He can teach you what you need to know to do this, he's an expert on old Mopar beake systems.

He can hook you up with the proper master cylinder, then a prop valve.

The Ram Man
7200 Winters St.
Fort Worth, TX 76120

http://www.theramman.com/

There is an option to use a "splitter block" after the old prop valve, but I went with the 67 style system when converting my 66 Valiant to dual reservoir and then ran all stock type lines from Fine Lines.

Then go to fine lines and get some lines to hook everything back up...

Thank you!

First call the RAM MAN and talk to him. He can teach you what you need to know to do this, he's an expert on old Mopar beake systems.

He can hook you up with the proper master cylinder, then a prop valve.

The Ram Man
7200 Winters St.
Fort Worth, TX 76120

http://www.theramman.com/

There is an option to use a "splitter block" after the old prop valve, but I went with the 67 style system when converting my 66 Valiant to dual reservoir and then ran all stock type lines from Fine Lines.

Then go to fine lines and get some lines to hook everything back up...

I spoke with the Folks at Ram Man and they are going set me up with all the parts I need for about $250. (I will let everyone know when the project is finished).

Thanks again for the help.

I spoke with the Folks at Ram Man and they are going set me up with all the parts I need for about $250. (I will let everyone know when the project is finished).

Thanks again for the help.

Glad you followed through and spoke to him. He's a really nice guy and will take the time to explain what you need to know.

Let us know how it works out...

$250!
I converted my 64 & 65 to dual MC real cheaper. On both, I used a later Mopar MC (95-99 Breeze, Cirrus, Stratus). The 64 I kept manual and used a 2-4 bolt adapter plate ($30 ebay). The 65 I put the whole MC/Booster on 74 Valiant brackets (junkyard).

Re plumbing, can re-use your distribution block by 1/4 to 3/16 dbl-flare adapter in top port, 3/16 dbl-flare plug in rear port. I plumbed to my rear tube w/ a 3/16 dbl-flare union (all in Autozone bubble packs). I also plumbed an adj prop valve in my rear line in case I later change to front disks.

-
Back