How do I do it?

-

kittypancake

Reaction score
short version:
I work in a jail. I've been out of work for a couple weeks r/t being injured. I was sucker punched by Hispanic inmate that is legally blind. Today I went back to work and find that I'm being sued by a different inmate, who is also Hispanic, and also legally blind.
Not quite sure how I did it, but I seem to have really pissed off the legally-blind Hispanic inmate community...:dontknow:

I just hope the facility is behind you. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. These days, you never know about this stuff. Good Luck dealing with this :thumleft:.

Sued for what if you don't mind me asking?

Don't know yet...haven't read the whole lawsuit, but I weighed it. A little over 3#'s. I'm sure it will be over some perceived injustice that can only be made right by giving him money.

Inmates can pretty much sue anybody for anything...for free

I just hope the facility is behind you. Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. These days, you never know about this stuff. Good Luck dealing with this :thumleft:.

Thanks, I've been pouring through the material and so far I've only been able to find one reference to me. So to oversimplify things, this inmate lodged a complaint about an issue, didn't show up for his grievance review, so I denied it.

Kitty's ex was a prison guard. She said he used to get sued sometimes 2 or 3 times a month. Nobody ever won because they system was behind the guards 100%. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Anyone can sue anyone for anything... Don't worry about it, BUT, you should have a lawyer look over it and see if they'll have a lawyer.

Bullpuckey that you should have to spend a dime but.... these are the times......

I think I'll be okay. The AG's office will indemnify my...I think! I was more surprised that after 10 years my first assault and lawsuit came so close together and both involved legally blind Hispanic inmates. Statistically what are the chances?

...but a big THANKS to everyone for the moral support!

I work in a State Prison and we have the same stuff happen all the time. I have not been sued yet, but I've had a hit out on me (which went nowhere). I have one inmate that works for me and he has at least 4-5 lawsuits going on right now. They sue for everything!!! Unless it was something serious, his lawsuit against you will be tossed out. Dont sweat it, just remember they have more rights than we do! :wack:

Anyone can sue anyone for anything... Don't worry about it, BUT, you should have a lawyer look over it and see if they'll have a lawyer.

Bullpuckey that you should have to spend a dime but.... these are the times......

yeah, but everybody can't sue for FREE!...well, not free...it's paid for by taxpayers

-
Back